Welcome To Miami

I was hanging with Thalia, just sitting in the cafe when I heard two Swedish dancers talking in rapid Swedish. Surprise, surprise, I am actually part Swedish so I understood every word of what they were saying.

"I've never even heard of The Next Step. They'll be a pushover."

"Don't underestimate them, they must be fiercer than LOD to get this far."

"That sounds about right." I spoke in Swedish, Thalia ogling me in shock. So did the Swedish dancers, gaping.

"Apologies. We started off on the wrong foot. I'm Kyle, this is Maddie." I shook hands with them and said goodbye, finding a call from Luke ringing on my phone. I picked it up, holding my phone to my ear. 

"Hey Luke."

'How's Internationals?'

"It's crazy, you have no idea. There are so many teams, precisely 160! It's unreal!"

'I know you'll pull through, I'll be watching. Eldon's going for the male solo, isn't he?'

"Mhmm, Riley's going for female solos. Thalia's making lovey-dovey eyes at me talking to you, so better go sort that out. Love you."

'Love you too.'

"You and Luke make such a cute couple!" Thalia squealed, shaking me, "Come to think of it, we should get a souvenir for him." 

"Thalia, are you sure that it's Luke that you want to buy a souvenir for?" I grinned, so she admitted that it was Eldon that she wanted to gift it.

"Go buy one, bring it to me and I'll give it to him." I beamed, pointing in the direction of the mall. I chuckled, turning round but came face-to-face with a tan-skinned boy with slicked back black hair. 

"Hey! You're Hayley, right?" He asked excitedly. I looked at his uniform; he was from Switzerland.

"Speaking. How can I help you?" I beamed, shoving my hands in my pockets. He put forward his hand, and I took it.

"I'm Alfie. I saw you at Internationals last year, you were... incredible. Are you going for the solo this year?" He grinned, but I shook my head.

"No, but my friend Riley is the soloist. I've got the day off, so d'you want to take a trip around the area? Just scan the stage?" I asked, eager to make a friend. Alfie just is... trustable. 

"Hayley!" Eldon came running with James, both of them panting.

"What?" I snapped. When both of them are involved, there's trouble.

"I need to find a place where I can take Thalia on a date, and I do not trust James. I need your help." I glanced at Alfie, who nodded, so I picked up my jacket and slung it over my shoulders.

"Alright, I'll help you."