-2-

"Good lord," Mark muttered, finally making eye-contact with the figure skater who leaned closer towards him. "So you do know me, don't you?" Donghyuck smirked, handing a water bottle over to his new friend.

"You're Haechan. Lee Donghyuck. Figure skater, heartthrob, icon, face of that popular Japanese make-up brand, candy republic."

"Bingo."

Donghyuck scooted closer to Mark again. This time, their shoulders were brushing against each other's and the older gulped before turning to face him. "So, my autograph. Yes or no?" Donghyuck sighed and pulled out a pen. Jaemin would love his autograph. Mark had gotten something way more than that already. "Maybe for my friend, sure," Mark mumbled, twisting open the cap of the water bottle before pressing it to his lips. Donghyuck scribbled a quick note on a piece of paper and shoved it in the pocket of Mark's hoodie.

"And for you, darling?"

The canadian almost choked on his water at the pet name, but he managed to take the bottle out of his mouth in time as he coughed into his elbow. Regaining his composure, he set the water bottle in his lap and turned to face the younger. "That's hyung to you, sunshine."

A twitch in the corner of Donghyuck's lips. He took the water bottle from Mark and slowly sipped from it, throwing a teasing glance at Mark. He somehow had it, that ability to identify everyone who simped for him. Mark watched intently as a few drops of water slid down his chin and dripped onto his shirt, the way his Adam's apple bobbed as he swallowed the water. It was close to mesmerizing, even though Donghyuck was doing the bare minimum.

"I know I'm pretty, no need to confirm it by staring at me, hyung."

"I believe fine art should be appreciated no matter how much appreciation it has already received."

"Well, aren't you a flirt?" Donghyuck teased as he put the bottle in his hands and stood up. He offered his hand to Mark, who took it and stood up as well. Rubbing the back of his hand one last time, Mark placed his hand on the doorknob and just when he was about to twist it, Donghyuck called for him again.

"You're attending the convention, right?"

Mark turned and smiled. "I wouldn't miss it, especially not if you're performing, sunshine." And with that, he left the room.

"I'll keep an eye out for you, hyung!"

Jaemin and Jeno had spammed his phone with concerned messages and calls and he had gotten an earful the moment he picked up Jeno's call. He rushed over to the entrance of the hall, and tried his best to apologize for being twenty minutes late. It wasn't until he was halfway into a conversation with Jeno about ice hockey when he realised that his beanie wasn't on his head. At first, he panicked but after retracing his steps, he was more embarrassed than panicked.

He'd left his beanie in the room he and Donghyuck had run into.

Thankfully, neither Jaemin nor Jeno had questioned the disappearance of the hat. However, they had asked where he'd gotten the water bottle from.

"Ah, this? I saw a refreshments table on my way in!"

He still had to find a way to give Jaemin the autographed note. He reached into his pocket and felt the slightly crumpled piece of paper. Honestly, he was torn between whether he should give it to him or not. If he did, Jaemin was bound to ask questions. If he didn't, he'd feel guilty.

He silently pulled the note out and slid it into Jaemin's open bag. Hopefully he wouldn't realise until they got home. Mark could just act innocent when the younger questioned him about it. Unless, of course, Donghyuck had written something controversial.

He began wondering. What would Donghyuck have written?

"Hi, thank you for supporting me! I appreciate you!

-donghyuck<3"

Seemed too normal.

"yoyo can I have your hot friend's number? He's the one who passed you this note btw!! I love u *kissy face*

-donghyuck<3"

Seemed to much like something out of Mark's dreams.

Donghyuck was truly unpredictable, and so the older decided to stop thinking about the note and went on to print out tickets with Jaemin and Jeno for some event which name he couldn't read. He cursed at himself for forgetting to bring his glasses. Way to go, Mark!

He couldn't make out the second word. Something about Skittles, he assumed.
The first one was slightly less blurry.

Ita?

Rno?

Ica?

Oh, it was ice. Ice Skittles? Mark tilted his head and rubbed his eyes again.

Ice-skating!

No, just no. Mark quickly turned to stop Jaemin from buying the ticket for him, but he'd already started waving the three tickets around like he'd been waving the convention tickets earlier.

"Sorry, hyung, but this might be the only time for us to be within a ten-metre radius of Haechan." He actually sounded apologetic about it.

"What the fuck do you mean?"

Jeno scoffed and slapped the ticket in his hands. Printed in bold beside the "Ice-skating event" label were the words "With figure skater HAECHAN!". As Mark read further, he understood that Donghyuck would be skating alongside his fans.

Well, that was actually something he looked forward to. He wouldn't be satisfied with their brief meeting at the dressing room, certainly not after Donghyuck had yelled that he would keep an eye out for him. He just had to see the man again. His voice was insanely addictive, every word he spoke sweet like drops of honey.

"Just this once."

That was a lie. Mark would do it any day, anytime, if it was for Donghyuck. Call him obsessive, but that's all he could he for someone who fell for the younger at first sight.

"You're lucky too, it's the first event! Let's go, Nono and Markmark!" Jaemin giggled and dragged the two over to the admission booth, where a queue was already forming to submit their tickets.

Close to ten minutes later, they were ushered in by the built security guards and hurried to find their seats in the front row. Jaemin was smart for getting them in advance online.

As Mark shifted in his seat to get comfortable, he remembered that Donghyuck would be giving a small performance before doing the actual practical part of the event. He tried to recall one of his routines.

Sadly, his memory betrayed him. The only thing he could remember at that moment was Donghyuck's sweaty, smiling face when they had collapsed on the floor of the dressing room.

"The event will be starting soon! Please take your seats!" A voice announced through the speakers.

He could already hear the rush of feet, the slight excited screaming, the murmurs and whispers that were passed around in the chaos.

And soon, the lights dimmed, turning the room a dark shade of purple.

A spotlight shone on the center of the rink.

Mark could hear faint blades on the ice, feet swerving and a steady breath resonating around the room that had long fallen silent.

A figure made its way to the center of the spotlight. Dressed in a tight purple shirt and black pants, a silver necklace tucked into his shirt, the man in the center looked hot enough to be a supermodel.

He glanced around, as if searching for something but as soon as his gaze met Mark's, he shot a wink and a smirk in his direction. "Meet me by the figure skates rack later," he mouthed, and the older's face burned up at the special attention he was receiving. A quick nod sent the figure skater's gaze to meet the other members of the audience.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Haechan!"

Cue the screams.

The very screams that blocked out Jaemin's question.

"Did he just wink at you?"