-14-

Donghyuck didn't actually want to go home. He wasn't tired anymore and certainly the farthest from lethargic he'd ever been in his life during his conversation with Mark on their drive to his home. There wasn't any dead silence in the ride, with Donghyuck constantly pestering Mark with questions about his life and Mark, with no other choice and greatly amused by his curiosity, answered them with exaggerated responses that were very far from the truth. The figure skater was left to contemplate the actual answers on his own and he groaned at each answer the older gave him.

Mark continued to entertain his pointless questions with pointless answers, even after they'd gotten out of the car and as they walked together to Donghyuck's apartment, their hands occasionally brushing together. It was noticed, but not acknowledged. The tension between them was thick enough to be cut with a knife and it would only get thicker than before if either of them spoke of it.

Oh, but how he so badly wanted to address it! Donghyuck wanted to take Mark's hand in his own, maybe rub his soulmate ring a bit to convince the ring to let himself be the older's soulmate. Mark, however, was completely oblivious to Donghyuck's thoughts. He talked normally, nothing amiss with his behavior and Donghyuck wanted to slap himself for feeling so many things for him when clearly Mark didn't give two shits about the tension that lingered in the air. He would've been downright stupid not to notice it.

"Alright, I'll let you have your rest now. Text me later?" Mark gave him a smile, already walking away from the door. "You little shit," Donghyuck whispered and pulled his arm, pulling him into his home. He slammed the door shut and pushed Mark against it, his hands making their way to the man's newly dyed dark green hair as he pressed their lips together. The latter chuckled into the kiss and wrapped his arms around Donghyuck's waist, responding with the same amount of enthusiasm.

They pulled apart to catch their breaths, with Donghyuck leaning onto Mark for support. After the few seconds he spent panting, Mark kissed the top of Donghyuck's head. "I figured it'd rile you up if I ignored your squirming, but I didn't know you'd be this annoyed," He giggled and brought the figure skater over to the couch on which they immediately collapsed.

"Of course I'd be annoyed! You're really fucking hot and cute but when you ignore something you can see really clearly, it makes me want to punch you," Donghyuck hissed. Mark cooed and cupped his cheek with one hand. "You're not pinching me now, though," He teased, pulling his face closer.

Donghyuck sighed and pecked his lips once more. "You also happen to have this very annoying magical ability to make me un-mad." Mark giggled and wrapped his arms around his waist. "So; tell me. Should I stay, or should I go?" Mark asked, kissing the tip of the latter's ear. Donghyuck scoffed and leaned into his touch. "Stay, and take me somewhere. I missed you for some reason both yesterday and today," He pleaded, throwing away his pride for the moment.

"I missed you too, so much. I can't even explain it. And I never planned to let you stay here anyway. Go change, sunshine, let's go out." Donghyuck raised an eyebrow at the statement but lifted himself off the couch nonetheless to rid himself of his suffocating tight clothing and to change into something more forgiving.

Meanwhile, Mark removed his hoodie and that left him in a t-shirt. He'd learned his lesson after the jacket incident with Donghyuck and there was no way he was going to relive that heat. He scrolled mindlessly through his instagram feed, only snapping out of his boredom when the younger stepped out of his bedroom dressed in shorts and a shirt that was rolled up to his elbows. Simplistic, but he looked like a god with his tousled hair, tanned skin almost glowing brighter with sunlight hitting it, and judgemental gaze, staring down at Mark who returned the action with his jaw hanging.

"Is there something on my face or something?" Donghyuck questioned, tugging on Mark's arm. The older released a breath he didn't even know he'd been holding.

"You're so fucking pretty," He finally exhaled, intertwining his fingers with Donghyuck's as he stood. Not having expected that response, the figure skater blushed a deep red and opened his mouth, only for no words to come out of it. He wanted to thank him sarcastically, a barbed remark, but the hooks caught in his throat as he coughed up the words.

"Thank y-you." He looked away, not wanting to meet Mark's eyes. Mark cooed again but let him be, pulling him out of the house by the hand and closing the door behind them. Donghyuck didn't utter a single word until he was strapped in the older's car, too flustered by a simple-worded compliment to even think properly anymore.

It hadn't been the sentence that flustered him, but rather, the way Mark had spoken to him. The soft pads of his fingers gliding over his own, taking them into their hold. His gaze, the twinkle in his eyes and the visible honesty they portrayed. The tone of his voice spoke of his admiration for the younger and Donghyuck couldn't help but feel like the luckiest guy on the planet at the moment.

"Where are we going?" He asked, looking at Mark and almost choking once he noticed how tight the shirt he wore was. The man was definitely muscular, without a doubt, but he seemed to have hidden it under his usually loose clothing. It was unusual of him to have worn something so tight, but it was probably because of the heat he'd suffered when he'd worn a jacket and went out with him. Donghyuck inwardly wheezed at the memory but returned his attention to what Mark had been saying.

"-friend's café, I'm taking you out for some cake and fruit tarts." Mark let his hand travel to Donghyuck's and held it, the other remaining on the steering wheel. The younger grinned at both his actions and his plan for their –technically– second date.

"Two fruit baskets going for fruit tarts and cakes. I like the sound of that. Drive, my good sir!" Donghyuck commanded, and Mark pulled out of the parking lot.

Who was he to deny such a request?