-8-

Donghyuck woke up only because Mark's voice was a little too loud for him to sleep. The older had woken up already, sitting up and talking to someone on the phone. His voice was barely above a whisper but Donghyuck still woke up to it.

"I'm at Donghyuck's, I'll be home soon I promise. Yes, I'm sorry, I'll tell you if I go out next time."

Noticing that he'd woken up, Mark mumbled a quick goodbye and hung up on whoever he was talking to. "Are you feeling better?" He asked, brushing a strand of hair away from his forehead.

Donghyuck felt much better in reality, but he wanted to keep Mark around for a while longer after listening to his conversation. It wasn't that he had nothing better to do, he could easily just go back to the rink and practice more, or go bother Kai, or just watch something on TV. But he wanted to hang out with Mark. He found the man interesting, how he never seemed panicked although he was talking to an internationally famous figure skater. Donghyuck wasn't trying to show off how famous he was by thinking like that, but instead he was just surprised by how casually Mark was treating him beside apparently having been his fan for three years.

Donghyuck was still new to figure skating compared to his seniors, but he was an exceptionally talented figure skater and had already made it big in the industry. That's how he'd secured a sponsorship so easily, and also probably why Mark had been supporting him since he was eighteen. "No," He pouted and lifted the sheets off of himself so he could join Mark on top of them. "I'm so tired, hyung."

That was a lie. Donghyuck had enough energy to have a six-hour debate about toothpaste.

Mark frowned and placed his hand on the younger's forehead. "You don't have a fever," He muttered, looking back into his eyes. "Do your legs still hurt?"

As if on cue, Donghyuck felt a sudden contraction in his calf. He shrieked in pain and grabbed his leg, thanking himself for being so flexible for once. Mark's eyes widened as he realised that the latter's leg was cramping, and he immediately took his leg into his own hands and began pressing lightly near the back of his knee. Trying his best to soothe the suffering figure skater, he scooped him into his arms and whispered everything he could think of that was comforting into his ear. The cramp seemed to dissipate after a few seconds, as well as Donghyuck's heavy breathing and cries of agony.

He breathed in and out slowly with Mark patting his back reassuringly. "Was that enough of an answer?" He giggled, despite having gone through one of the worst pains he'd ever felt just a few minutes prior. Mark looked even more worried than he had before. Registering their current position, Mark quickly let go of Donghyuck's leg and removed his arms from around him, moving away from him slightly.

Donghyuck noticed his rushed movement and felt his ears reddening as well. Mark had been practically cuddling him, and he wanted so badly for him to continue doing it. He was a sucker for physical affection. As subtly as possibly, he moved closer to the older.

Mark's focus had soon returned to his phone as he scrolled mindlessly through his instagram feed. Now that was certainly unacceptable for Donghyuck. He pulled his phone out of his hands and placed it on the nightstand near his own.

"Pay attention to me."

It was more of a command than a request, but Mark was more than happy to comply. Feeling a sudden surge of confidence, he took the figure skater's hand in his own and whispered, "Let's go get lunch, hm?"

Donghyuck was hungry enough to go along with him after putting on his glasses. They walked lazily to his kitchen, Mark putting on his jacket but not bothering to put it on properly. It hung at his elbows, and he even rolled the sleeves up to his elbows to it seemed more like a cloth-band than a jacket. Not that Donghyuck was complaining, he would never complain about having to stare at muscular arms. He loved the sight of it, the way his muscles flexed even with the slightest movement. It wasn't really with any sexual intention, he just found Mark hot. That was the extent of it, and that was as far as it'd go.

That was another lie.

Mark was hot, sure, but Donghyuck was well aware that there was more to him than just that. He was a gentleman, respectful, and understanding. He hadn't even complained when Donghyuck asked him to pick him up. He'd voluntarily carried him to his car and to his apartment. He'd comforted him while his leg cramped. He made stupid jokes even when he was suffering while carrying Donghyuck.

And Donghyuck had this undeniable urge to annoy him at every given opportunity. And so, he did.

"Dang, Mark hyung your arms! So hot!"

He put his fingers in a triangular shape and kissed it. Mark, now conscious of his arms, gulped and adjusted his jacket so it covered the area from his shoulders to his elbows. So; Donghyuck's plan had backfired. He'd been hoping for Mark to play along and just remove his jacket but the opposite had resulted. He sighed and pushed his glasses further up the bridge of his nose.

"You're no fun, you know, Mark."

Mark's mouth fell open in confusion. "What?" He looked a little too lost than Donghyuck took him to be. Alright then. There was no point in hiding what he wanted if he planned on flirting with the older. Making him flustered was only a plus, but making him uncomfortable would be possible, but not very likely. To make him uncomfortable was never his intention.

"Well, you see, your arms are hot and I was just praising them. And you just put on your jacket and covered them, so that's why I said you're no fun. Take it off, Mark, it's already burning hot in here," He explained, sitting down on a stool near the kitchen counter.

Exhaling loudly, Mark hooked his fingers under the lapels of his jacket and slid it off. Donghyuck watched, his own fingers playing with the button on the hem of his shirt. He wondered how Mark wasn't a model. He clearly had the necessary looks and the height.

"See? You're hot."

He almost wheezed when Mark's ears turned red in the blink of an eye. "Shut the fuck up," He mumbled, pulling out his phone to order food since he couldn't cook, and didn't want Donghyuck to strain himself.

For the third time that day, he felt a hand grabbing his wrist.

"Let's go out for lunch instead of ordering in."