-9-

Mark still didn't understand why Donghyuck had basically forced him to put on his jacket and even to button it fully, especially in the kind of heat they'd decided to go out in. He found it unfair when Donghyuck himself was only wearing shorts and a t-shirt, definitely more comfortable than Mark was in his tight jacket. Perhaps it was his fault for bringing the jacket, but he was now regretting it.

He almost gasped in relief when they finally entered the air-conditioned restaurant. Sadly, his jacket was still sweat-soaked and sticking to his skin, even after he'd escaped the sweltering heat. Donghyuck was insanely unbothered, talking to the usher as if he wasn't even bothered by Mark being close to suffocation.

"That table? Okay, thank you!"

And for the fourth time that day, Mark was being dragged by his wrist to the table. The restaurant was nice, decorated with comfortable furniture that provided the atmosphere of a living room straight out of a magazine.

Donghyuck collapsed on a couch as if it were his own. It seemed that he was familiar with the place.  Mark, on the other hand, immediately pulled off his jacket and threw it to the corner, cringing at the smell of sweat. He could only hope the air-conditioning would work some magic and make it smell less like a pile of shit. He was tempted to take off his shirt as well but he had some dignity and knew that he shouldn't in a public space, especially not with Donghyuck already giggling at his breathless expression. Moving his hands away from the hem of his shirt, he shot the figure skater a glare.

"Don't laugh at me, this is your fault!"

Donghyuck continued laughing, even had to place his hands on his knees to keep himself from falling over. His laughter died down after Mark started whining, and he resorted to teasing instead.

"I can't help it, hyung, you're too cute."

Mark threw a pillow that was lying beside him at his face as a response, but sadly Donghyuck managed to catch it just before it actually hit his face. He gasped dramatically and tightened his hold on the pillow, his face portraying pure disbelief and betrayal. He knew it was a joke, but Mark couldn't help but start laughing at it. Donghyuck was one funny man.

Suddenly, he gasped again, but genuinely this time.

"Mark, this is our first date!"

Mark, who'd been flipping through the menu placed on the table in front of him, looked up and cleared his throat, a blush spreading across his cheeks and to his ears.

"Y-yeah, I guess it is."

The latter seemed to be disappointed with his response. Sighing, he took the menu from Mark's hands and put it on his own lap. "We're not going to eat until I deem you as not dry."

Now this might have been denying Mark of his rights as a human to consume food whenever he wanted to, but he wanted to go along with what Donghyuck was saying. He knew he was a dry person in general and because he was hanging out with someone so colourful- he wanted to try it, wanted try out a conversation with Donghyuck.

"So- uhm, how's the preparations for the Neo Culture annual going?"

"To be honest? It sucks ass. I hate having to do this much, but it's an international competition and I will not risk missing it for anything."

Donghyuck leaned back against the couch, basically showing off the tanned skin of his neck and thighs as he sat with his legs spread. The few droplets of sweat here and there only made him look prettier and Mark gulped at the sight of it.

"Ah, well, hey, at least there's a gala held afterwards
for everyone regardless of who wins!"

"That's the only thing I look forward to honestly."