-7-

Donghyuck panted as he held onto the railing, already feeling his legs giving up on him. Perhaps it was his fault for deciding to extend the usual two hours he practiced before going home into four. The sun was well up by now, streaming through an overhead window in rays of yellowish-white. With the last of his willpower, he lifted himself over the railing knowing well that he wouldn't be able to make it to the proper exit of the rink. Having now landed safely on the other side, he reached for his phone that was luckily on the edge of a nearby bench.

Pulling up the text history of the only contact he had in his favourites, he sent a text conveying his need.

sunshine:
mrrrkrkrkrkrkrkrkkr
markw3r
I'm at the rink pks come pick me up
legs not wprkintgg

mqrk hyyng:
what
oh
wait why are you so tired

sunshine:
I'll tell u just get ur ass here
if u get here in five minutes I'll give u a kith

mqrk hyyng:
alright then I'll see you soon :)

The thing was, Donghyuck had a really weird way of behaving when he was tired. And that's why he refrained from training for any more than three hours, but he'd lost himself in the pleasure of practicing that day. He was the type to get really tired and act like a drunkard even though he was completely sober, if not just drunk on the pure adrenaline that rushed through his veins when his feet made contact with the ice underneath him. Of course, now he was aware of how the very thing he dreaded felt like.

He lay in the same position, not even moving an inch until he heard the familiar footsteps echoing on the floor behind him. He cracked a small, dazed smile as he looked up at the man who's facial expression showed what seemed to be a mix of confusion, disappointment, and adoration.

Sighing, Mark pulled Donghyuck up by his arms and helped him to sit on the bench he'd placed his bag on. He knelt, patiently untying the laces of the youngest figure skates and taking them off. As he was placing the figure skates on their respective soaker again and back into Donghyuck's bag, the tanned male poked Mark's shoulder.

"How do you know how to tie and untie laces if you didn't know how to ice-skate?"

Mark chuckled and looped an arm around his waist to lift him onto his feet so they could make their way to Mark's car without Donghyuck falling over from exhaustion.  "Just because I can't do a certain thing doesn't mean I can't do some aspects of it."

"Hyung, my feet hurt like hell! I don't want to walk," Donghyuck whined, leaning his head into Mark's neck. Mark was about to retaliate with a nag but bit back his words the moment he saw the man's slightly hooded eyes and pouting lips, staring at him expectedly. The latter cursed at himself internally for what he was about to agree to, but continued with his actions anyway. He handed the figure skater his bag and bent his knees and back.

"Get on my back, I'll carry you to the car."

Satisfied that he'd achieved his desired result, Donghyuck carefully claimed onto Mark's back and hooked his legs between his arms, wrapping his arms around his shoulders as well. As Mark let out groans of pain, the younger mumbled cheers of encouragement during his three minute piggyback ride to the carpark. Mark was still a gentleman, however, as even after they'd reached his car, he made sure to safely strap Donghyuck in the passenger seat before going to strap himself in the driver's seat.

"Where exactly is your apartment?"

Trusting that Donghyuck still had not slipped completely into a lunatic state, Mark started the vehicle's engine and began driving to the address the figure skater typed out on his phone.

Donghyuck had fallen asleep in his seat by the time they'd made it out of the parking lot, so talking to him was not an option. Mark sighed again, glancing over at Donghyuck and chuckling at the sight. His mouth was open slightly, eyebrows furrowed as he shifted around every once in a while. It was cute, but Mark pitied him for sleeping in such warm clothes in a car that was already being cooked by the sun beating down on it.

He tried to drive as fast as he could without going over the speed limit, but still managed to take 20 minutes to drive him home. He assisted Donghyuck's movements from the way to the parking lot of his apartment block to the door of his apartment.

"Sunshine, go inside and change okay? Text me if you need anything, I'll go now," Mark opened the door for Donghyuck and sat him down on the couch. The moment he turned around, Donghyuck tugged on his arm and pulled him down to sit beside him on the couch.

"Don't go, hyung!"

And who was Mark to refuse something like that? He sat down, comfortably this time, but still kept his distance from the figure skater so as to not risk making him uncomfortable. Realising that Donghyuck would fall asleep if they continued to be in their current position, Mark gently shook the younger.

"Go change, sunshine," He whispered, patting his thigh as well. Donghyuck groaned and sat up, a curse escaping his lips as he dragged his feet to his room. Less than three minutes later, he dragged himself back out, this time dressed in shorts and strangely an improperly buttoned shirt. From that, Mark could tell how tired he was but yet he found him cute.

The younger waddled over to Mark and grabbed his hand, pulling on it lightly. "Hyung, I'm tired. Let's go sleep,"
He muttered, probably not even fazed by what he'd just said. Mark was however, as he stared at Donghyuck in disbelief. After a brief argument with himself, Mark decided on simply tucking Donghyuck into bed.

He walked Donghyuck to his bed and laid him down, pulling the covers up until his shoulders afterwards. After re-checking that he was in a comfortable position, Mark turned again to return to the couch where he chose to wait for Donghyuck to finish resting. However, he was stopped yet again when a muffled whine came from Donghyuck's lips.

He turned around and was met with the face of an angrily cute figure skater. Wordlessly this time, Donghyuck pulled the man by his hand and into his bed. Mark didn't expect him to do that at all, considering they had only met a day before but then again, he wasn't complaining. It wasn't that he was going to take advantage of Donghyuck's state, oh, no he would never do that. He was also tired from having stayed up to write lyrics the night before, and was hoping to catch a few hours of sleep when he could. Now that Donghyuck was basically forcing him to sleep, he wouldn't deny, certainly not when he was in the mood for a long nap.

He chuckled at Donghyuck's hand that held onto his wrist tightly although the younger's eyes were shut, and sat up slightly to take off his jacket. Left in sweatpants and his tank top, Mark lay on the bed facing Donghyuck, but not under the covers with him in order to respect his boundaries. He was comfortable with it, and was even happier when Donghyuck's hand crept up from his wrist to his hand and intertwined their fingers.

Perhaps it would be a day better than what he'd expected.