𝟎𝟎𝟓 ; 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐡𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭?

"Regulus? Regulus? Regulus!??"

"What?" Regulus answered with a slight dazed look in his mesmerizing grey eyes.

"You looked a little lost there." Evelyn answered honestly. "I was just asking if you were okay after all, it's not everyday one learns that their whole family will be wiped out in a decade or two."

Regulus just gave her an unimpressed look.

"And I say that with complete sensitivity."

◂ ❚ break ❚ ▸

"So, what now?"

"How do I destroy the locket?" He clarified.

Evelyn just ignored him as an annoyed look adored her face.

"How do we destroy the locket?" He said again with a clear and loud emphasis at 'we' at which Evelyn gave him an innocent smile before sighing and finally giving him the answers he so desperately needed.

"Horcruxes are not very easy to destroy."

"I got it by myself, by reading those god awful books from the restricted section of the library. Thank you." Regulus said grimacing slightly at the reminder of all those cursing, shouting and man eating books he had encountered and had a first hand experience with.

"And it's horcrux."

The girl shook her head. "No. It's horcruxes."

"There are more? He made more?" He asked, eyes widening and face paling in horror. He remembered reading in one of the books that the Horcruxes were dark magic, the darkest of all. Even the Blacks didn't delve into it which is something because Blacks are known to study every piece of magic, dark or not, they didn't care.

The word and what exactly it was, wasn't well known but those who were taught the darkest of Magic's were given a brief lesson about it. Even they wouldn't attempt to do that to gain immortality. Not only does it split your soul, it takes a bit of your sanity with it. And splitting your soul means you will never be able to join your loved ones on the other side, instead you are trapped in between the plane where you will wait for all your Horcruxes to rejoin you and then also you won't be able to join the afterlife, it damns your soul, you won't even get a place in hell after that.

Evelyn nodded sadly, she always pitied Tom Riddle, because he was too a pawn in the old coot's plan just like her. Both were abused, both wanted to be loved when all the coot wanted was more fame and appreciation from the Wizarding World.

"Considering the year, four more to be precise."

"What!" Regulus exclaimed. "That monster split his soul five times!"

"Two more times in the future. Seven times in total," she added casually.

He waited for her to elaborate her statement. She didn't. And he didn't ask her to.

◂ ❚ break ❚ ▸

"I want you to meet someone."

"Who are you talking about? We have been here for who knows how long and I don't see anyone coming near here, anytime soon."

"You are the one to talk, you didn't even see me coming!"