Wales

TW: Subtle mentions of Sexual Assault/R@pe, violence, self harm, trauma.

Day One - Monday

On Monday, Remus and Sirius sat on a train next to each other. They had their suitcases and bags at their feet because Remus wanted to have everything close to him even though they had four seats to themselves. 

Remus was listening to music while reading. Sirius was a little distracted because she could hear the music through Remus' earphones and she was figuring out how Remus could concentrate on the words on the page while having music blasting in his ears.

After an hour, Remus and Sirius were playing a game. They had no idea what the rules were but they decided on making stories up on anything that spiked their imagination.

"That teddy bear-" Remus pointed to the lone bear under the chair opposite the two lovers. "It's owner was a little boy, he loved that bear. He would bring it everywhere with him and one day on this train, his parents dragged him out in a hurry. He had left it after dropping it and his parents didn't have time to stay back. Now he's twenty and it has been fifteen years since he lost that bear and sometimes he remembers when he was a kid and the bear would be the only thing that would help him sleep." 

Sirius grinned. "And in two weeks from now, the boy is going to get on the train and sit in the spot we are and he's going to see the bear. He's going to take it home to his partner and show them their best friend from birth until he was five. Then when he and his partner have kids he'll pass it onto the kid and it'll become a family thing." 

Remus smiled. He looked around while Sirius did too. Sirius' found a person with shoulder-length split dyed black and white hair and multiple piercings, a lot like Nova, with the hair and the piercings.

"That person. They're trying their hardest in school while also working a job. Their mother doesn't think they're doing good enough and should try harder. They're under too much pressure but their girlfriend is always there with a bright smile and open arms to hold them until they feel a lot better. They're planning on moving in with their girlfriend and leaving their mum out of spite. All of their friends are supportive of that decision and can't wait to celebrate after they're out of their mother's grasp." 

Remus found an elderly couple, they both had bouquets of flowers in their hands. "Them two. They've known each other since they were eight. And they've loved each other since they were sixteen. They got married at nineteen because they knew it was true love. It's their wedding anniversary today, they both showed up with chocolates and flowers. They've lived basically their whole life together and they want to live the rest of their lives together."

Sirius smiled at the couple. The story wasn't unbelievable. She found a guy with blue and green hair. "That guys gay because I said so."

Remus bit his lip, avoiding laughter. "He's going to see his online boyfriend for the first time. His hands are shaking with excitement and he's trying to stop himself from yelling in excitement because he's biting his lip with a slight smile. He can't wait to meet them. He's also nervous they won't like him." 

Sirius studied the boy's hands and lip and smiled to himself, thinking Remus was right. Sirius found a hair tie on the floor. "That hair tie was the only thing keeping the person together and when they lost it they got mad at everything for the rest of the day."

Remus smirked. "Sounds kinda like Emmeline. Or Nova." 

Sirius agreed, arms wrapping around Remus' shoulders. 

Remus smiled softly and leaned into her, closing his eyes. "Wales has always been the highlight of my childhood. Until five. Five was just terrible. First the 'incident' and then moving because of the 'incident'. It sucked, a lot. Wales was my safe place. Do you know when you have that special place that you just automatically feel safe in? Wales was mine."