Chapter 4

Tony Starks' POV

I woke up with the biggest grin on my face this morning. I felt great, energized. I slept amazingly. This time I knew my dream was real. Even if it wasn't, it was the best dream ever. I looked over to see the bell was still sitting on my nightstand. I smiled, reaching for it before retracting my hand. I shouldn't call her during the day. If I fall asleep each time then my days would be messed up.

I got up and dressed, making my way to the lab to work on some repairs for the Mark VI. I passed Cap on my way down who gave me an obvious look. I'm sure we were loud last night. But did I care? Not really. I saw Pepper sitting and waiting for me at the desk in the lab. Bruce nodded at me before making his way out to give us some privacy.

"Hey, Pep." I greeted her. She smiled at me.

"You seem to be doing better?" She questioned. I nodded. We had only talked once since the battle and she knew she couldn't help me. Only I could help myself. But of course I had some help. "Are you ready for the Gala tonight?" She questioned. I paused as I was moving some things around. She sighed. "You forgot." I looked up at her with a sheepish smile.

"I've been distracted. I'll make it up to you." I told her. She nodded. "You're my date right?" I questioned as I started to move things around and grab the bracelets for the suit, working on the switch board.

"Of course. You bought my dress already." I looked up at her as she gave me a sharp smile. I chuckled at her in response.

"Did I? I'm sure I have excellent taste." I flirted with her. Her cheeks reddened slightly before she made her way over to me.

"The best. See you at 6pm?" I nodded as she leaned over and kissed my cheek. "Don't forget, Tony." She scolded.

"I won't. I promise." I whispered as she left the lab and Bruce came back. We got to work separately.

--------

"Tony. Gala." Bruce spoke up. I cursed as I wiped my hands on my jeans and left the lab to go get ready. I showered and got dressed in a nice name brand suit and made my way to the elevator.

Pepper was waiting for me at the Limo, Happy was there to drive us. I stared at Pepper shocked. She was wearing this long navy gown that hugged her just the right way.

"You look beautiful." I whispered and kissed her cheek. She smiled at me.

"You remembered." She mentioned as she got into the limo with me, and Happy drove off.

"Of course I did. I told you I would." I told her and rolled my eyes at the fact that she doubted me. "Really hurts that you doubt me so much Pep." She snorted at me which made me look over at her with a smile.

"Don't give me a reason to doubt then, Tony." She told me. I nodded.

---------

Once we got to the Gala, I made some speech that Pepper prepared for me, thankfully. Pepper was talking to some important people as I drank my whiskey at the bar. I felt someone sit next to me and looked over, nearly spilling my drink down my chin.

"Petra." I announced, she smiled at me. She looked different. Not in her normal sex demon outfit. Her dress was a deep red and had a slit up to right below her privates which was very tempting.

"Go ask her for a dance." She told me as she got herself a drink, Vodka soda from what it looked like.

"What?" I asked as I snapped out of my daze.

"Your date. You like her. She clearly likes you to put up with you. Go ask her to dance." She nudged me somewhat and drank her drink before smiling at me.

"How do you know?" I questioned before narrowing my eyes at her suspiciously. She rolled her eyes at me.

"I'm not an idiot, Tony. Now go." She demanded as she stood up and walked away with a sway to her step. I stared after her as I got up and walked automatically to Pepper.

"Dance with me, Pep." I told her. She smiled and set her drink down as she grabbed my hand. I led her to the dance floor and pulled her close to me. The warmth between us making my heartbeat speed up some. "Are you having fun?" I asked her with a warm smile. She smiled right back at me.

"More so now." She admitted. "What made you want to dance?" She questioned. I grinned at her.

"A friend." I admitted and dipped her back. She let out a small giggle as I stood her back up and twirled her for fun. I could see Pepper's face light up with amusement as I brought her back to me. My body was warm with a feeling. I didn't recognize it. But I let it in happily. A smile not leaving my face.

Once I got back to the tower, I was exhausted. I stripped off my suit and changed into some sweatpants before laying down comfortably. My mind on a certain red head that I spent the night dancing with. With that I fell asleep with a smile permanently on my face.

Word Count- 921