𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 - CURIOUSER AND CURIOUSER

CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ CURIOUSER AND CURIOUSER

BREAKFAST. A time of day that could easily be written off as insignificant and trivial in a blink of an eye, but was most important to Rosie Gry. She found breakfast to be a defining part of your day. Often enough, she liked mornings and the feeling of the newly arisen sun on your skin just as you awoke was a feeling she admired more than anything in the world. Rosie had the philosophy that breakfast could send you off on just the right note when you had the perfect milk to cereal ratio, or doom you for a horrible day if you burnt your toast.

She supposed it could've been a sign when the eggs she was making caught on fire.

Belly rather empty and sunny disposition faltering, Rosie could not find her science notes for the life of her. Even when she turned her room upside down to find them, it seemed as if they had vanished into thin air. A tragedy. She had spent so long on those godforsaken notes!

Now in a rather sour mood, she shoved on her sneakers with a forced smile, as if trying to convince herself to be happy, before she headed over to her sister's room and pounded on the door.

"Chrissy."

No answer. Frowning, Rosie tried again. Chrissy seemed to always be up before the sun, even earlier than Rosie most mornings.

"Chrissy?"

Silence.

Now on the verge of becoming incredibly irritated and filled with concern, Rosie yelled out once more.

"Christina Elizabeth Gry!"

From the inside, she heard a surprised, sleepy shriek, and within a manner of seconds, a disoriented Chrissy appeared in the doorway. Her hair was knotted and frizzy, more so than usual, her black eye had transformed into an ugly purple and blue as it began its long trip to healing up and she just generally looked as if she had just been to hell and back.

"What, Ro?" Chrissy grouched, her eyes barely open.

"School, Chris," Rosie pointed out, voice on edge, "We need to get to school."

"Oh fuck!"

•. ° . * .·. . ✧:. ·.

NEEDLESS TO SAY, they had made it. Thank goodness, too. Rosie had a pristine reputation with teachers she was keen on upholding. Most lessons went on without a hitch, following the routine blandness Rosie and her peers were subjected to in school. Until the small break, they had in-between periods, just before science with Mr Clarke.