𝐒𝐈𝐗 - ROSIE FINDS OUT

CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ ROSIE FINDS OUT

ROSIE GRY didn't own a bike. A tragedy. She was all for keeping the environment safe— by trying to keep her carbon footprint as small as possible by recycling— or just not being a douchebag and picking up trash. But honestly? She didn't know how to ride one. Her dad was never really around long enough for that special parental bonding moment— when your kid falls off their bikes a couple of times and realises— 'Hey if I can put my mind to it, I can do anything!' and proceeds to ride it properly while that parent looks on with pride. Yes, that was detailed, mostly because she had thought about it a lot. What made her undeserving of memorable childhood moments like that? No matter, Chrissy didn't ride a bike either, and Rosie was a little scared to ride one anyway (Only being able to hang onto handlebars and having no walls of protection around you? No thanks), so, unfortunately, when Chrissy wasn't there in the car park, it meant she had to walk home.

Very inconvenient when she had a babysitting job in an hour.

When she arrived at the Gry household, Chrissy had left a note:

'Out with Nancy and Jonathan. Will be back in a bit.'

Rosie shrugged it off with a small smile she couldn't keep off her face. It lifted her low spirits to know her sister was properly making friends. She wished she could've done the same. Well, she had Max, and she supposed that's all she needed.

Max. Max Mayfield had invited her out to the arcade. What were you supposed to wear to...friend-gatherings? And how the hell were you supposed to play arcade games?

The brunette didn't spend too much time at home, instead, she opted to take off pretty much immediately. It was maybe a thirty-minute walk to Dustin's house, which was great, considering she needed to be there in thirty-five minutes.

Walking was the perfect time to think. Often enough, you were alone with your thoughts and could do some serious mulling over if you pleased. But that wasn't exactly the best for Rosie, for in her current mindset, she was feeling guilty for snapping at Lucas like that. Maybe Max was right— she shouldn't say sorry for saying what she believed— but also, Rosie hated being mean. It was a rare occurrence, however, that didn't mean her ability to be mean was absent. It was just a very tiny, insignificant part of her personality. Kindness was her number one priority because a person without kindness was like a flower that wasn't fully bloomed.

Before she knew it, she had arrived at Dustin's place, a familiar home that she usually felt comfortable in immediately. However, for some strange reason, something twisted in her stomach with a certain discomfort she couldn't put her finger on.