𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄 - A TOTAL THIRD WHEEL

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ A TOTAL THIRD WHEEL

ROSIE WOULDN'T ADMIT IT, but she still held a myriad of questions regarding Billy and Heather and all that weird shit she had seen in her mind. Even as she clambered into Max's bed, the warm sheets inviting, it couldn't distract her from the fact it had been a freaky night. A really freaky night. She relaxed slightly when Max offered her a soft smile, though. Then again, Rosie was sure her girlfriend's smile could cure even her most severe ailments. As El joined Max and herself in the bed, Max grinned and held up two comic books, raising a questioning brow.

"Which one?" The redhead asked eagerly, and Rosie was about to respond with an equal amount of vigour until she noticed El's noticeable lack of enthusiasm.

"I don't know."

Max must've noticed something was off too because she placed the comic books down and gave El a look of reassurance, "Hey, there's nothing to worry about anymore, okay?"

"It doesn't make sense," El replied shakily, and despite Max's deadset explanation, Rosie couldn't help but agree with her.

"What doesn't make sense?"

"Heather. The blood. The ice."

"Heather had a fever, so she took a cold bath, but she's better now," Max tried to explain, "That has to be it. I don't know where that blood came from, but... we saw her. We both saw her. She's totally fine."

"Yeah, okay, sure, but what about Billy?" Rosie voiced, and the two girls turned to her, "He seemed kinda...off."

"Off is kind of like his default, I mean, you'd know angel. He was a total asshole to you and Chrissy last year," Max sighed, slumping further into her bed.

Rosie sucked her teeth, unconvinced, before wrapping a secure arm around her girlfriend.

In the meantime, El seemed to have been captivated by a certain raven-haired superhero, slid up and pointed to the Wonder Woman comic, "Who... is that?"

The energy in the room returned to a positive one, and it looked as if a burden had befallen Max's shoulders since she smiled and snatched up the comic once more, "See, this is why you can't just hang out with Mike all the time. This is Wonder Woman. AKA Princess Diana."

Rosie smiled softly, happy that the topic of Billy had left, "She's a total badass, I dressed up as her for Halloween! I mean, I literally knew nothing about the comics back then, but Max got me pretty into them!"

Max nodded in agreement, "She looked so good, by the way."

"You're such a melt," Rosie shoved her shoulder and El chuckled.