𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - ROSIE IS MOST DEFINITELY A LESBIAN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ ROSIE IS MOST DEFINITELY A LESBIAN

IF SHE WAS HONEST, Rosie was scared for the future. They'd be going into high school soon, which was a big shift from middle school. She'd have to reassert herself, find new clubs to join and teachers to like, and classes to enjoy. Sure, she had friends and even a girlfriend by her side, but one thing Rosie always had was an eye on the prize. She'd be the track and field captain and lead her team to victory, she'd organise fundraisers for the Animal Rights Club. But now? Nothing was guaranteed. High school was a cesspool of uncharted waters, and Rosie would have to try and figure herself out. She didn't even know what she wanted to do with her life, but in high school, you needed to figure it out fast. Unless you wanted to be stuck in Hawkins for the rest of your life.

She had done a lot of thinking, and the more she thought about her life, the more she became anxious. Chrissy was leaving, and she'd be mostly on her own since her dad worked constantly. Rosie was terrified of what the future would hold for her.

But all she was focused on at the moment was staying on the damn skateboard.

"You're gonna have to let go of my hand eventually," Max mused, though that didn't stop her from squeezing her girlfriend's hand harder.

"Eventually," Rosie agreed, eyes fixated on her feet, placed sturdily on the board.

On top of teaching her about video games, Max had volunteered to teach her how to skateboard. So far, Rosie had gotten down the 'standing on the board' thing, and that was about it. Since they lived on the same street, the two of them opted to practice along old Cherry Road, just outside Max's house.

Rosie stuck her tongue out in concentration, trying not to think too hard as she began to push herself along at a steady pace. Without Rosie even realising it, Max had let go, watching with pride as her girlfriend continued skateboarding, all by herself.

But Rosie's beginner's luck didn't last long, because, after about six seconds of smooth sailing, Rosie leaned too far back on the board, causing the front to tip up and knock her off her balance. Rosie yelped as she hit the ground, barely catching herself as she fell backwards.

Max's eyes widened in shock before she hurried over to help her girlfriend up.

Rosie scoffed to herself, disappointed she had made such a stupid mistake, however, all thoughts of her idiocy were washed away, by the sudden presence of a cropped haired girl, holding the board.

El approached the two, just as Max and Rosie got up from the concrete ground.

Rosie wasn't sure what El was doing there. Hopper was very strict about where she could go, for safety purposes of course, and El rarely went anywhere without Mike, anyway. Plus, El wasn't the biggest fan of Max. Since their first meeting, El had warmed up to her the teensiest bit, and that was about it. With Rosie, on the other hand, El was always happy to hang out with her, and the two would read books together. Rosie had quickly introduced her to Little Women, and El was absolutely crushed when her favourite character kicked the bucket.