chapter three

My first week in gravity falls has ended.

After the encounter with the twins, I excused myself to go home already. I haven't seen Mabel around ever since.

I laid in my bed, bored. There's not much to do here. I heard my phone ring and I immediately picked it up.

"Hello?" I asked the person with an unknown number.

"Hey YN. I'm sorry about what happened the last time I saw you." I heard a guilty and familiar voice say.

"Mabel? How did you get my number?" I asked.

"I asked your aunt. It turns out she and grunkle Stan are really good friends." she chuckled.

"Oh," I laughed. "Forget what happened the last time you saw me. I didn't take it personally anyway." I smiled even though I know she can't see me.

"Oh but I want to make it up to you." She says through the phone. "I wanted to invite you to have dinner with our family."

"Err.. Mabel, I don't know." I respond. The thought if me and Dipper sitting in the same table was not a good idea.

"Please!" She shouted. "I promise Dipper will behave this time."

"Uh well, okay then. I'll be there around six o'clock?" I asked while I glance at my the wall clock in my room.

"No. Go there now. I'm right outside your house." she giggles.

"What do you mean you're right outside my house?" I looked outside the window and true enough, Mabel was standing there with her phone in her ear.

I rushed down the stairs and let her inside the house.

"Why were you waiting outside my house?" I laughed as she sat down in our living room.

"I thought you were mad at me. I needed a back-up plan incase you didn't agree to coming to dinner over the phone. I was planning to get you myself." she shrugged. This girl is adorable.

"Well. I'll just change in my room. Wait for me here. It'll only be for a while." I said as I made my way to my room.

I went downstairs after changing as fast as I can. I was wearing a plain mint green dress with silver flat shoes.

"You look pretty." Mabel said in awe. "Let's go?" she asked and I nodded.

We started walking to the Mystery Shack.