chapter five

Dipper and I continued our little show to let Mabel know that we were getting along. After dinner, we went to the living room to watch TV.

"Hey Dip! Pass the chips, will you?" I grinned at Dipper.

"Why, of course." He said and passed the tray of Doritos over to me. I can see him rolling his eyes once Mabel was not looking.

"Isn't this great? We're all getting along!" Mabel hugged us both.

"Yeah, it really is!" Dipper smiled. The most unreal smile I have ever seen.

"I hate you." I mumbled once Mabel's eyes were locked on the TV.

"I hate you more." Dipper replies, still wearing his fake smile.

-

"Do you really have to go, YN? We were having such a great time!" Mabel whined. It was 8:30 in the evening and I had to go home.

"Maybe next time, Mabel. I'm sure this can happen another time." I smile at her. "I'm pretty sure Dipper would like it if I left anyway." I add quietly.

"What was that again?" Mabel asked, confused.

"Oh nothing." I smiled cheekily. "Well, I have to go. See you soon." I wave and I exited their home.

I saw Dipper sighing in relief once I left.

On the way home, I noticed a piece of paper on the ground. It was brown and it looked really old. I picked it up, thinking it looked interesting. It looked like it could be a part of a notebook once but it was teared off.

It said:

"5-16-xx

I went out for a midnight walk last night. The town was really quiet. There was nothing unusual happening. I stumbled across a rock, the size of a human head. It was producing a sound. Some kind of beeping noise? I decided to take the rock home to study it further.

I found out that when you press the right spots on the rock, it opens up to reveal a key. A key that unlocks something deep within Gravity Falls. Below this note is the map that leads to where I hid the key.

Warning: The path will be really dangerous. You will need to be smart if you decide to accept the journey."

Below the note was a map that started at the Mystery Shack. I didn't know if this note was serious or if it was meant as a joke. I decided to take a closer look tomorrow.

I entered my house quietly, making sure not to wake up Elise. I entered my room and did my nightly routine.

I laid on my bed and thought about this day before finally falling asleep.