chapter six

It was a windy saturday when Mabel decided to invite me over to their place. I immediately agreed because I had fun with her even though Dipper was around.

"This nail polish would look so good on you. Why don't I put some on your nails?" Mabel squealed as she pressed a teal colored nail polish on my face.

"Sure." I laugh. "If that's what makes you happy." She started placing the nail polish on my nails.

We spent the whole afternoon watching TV. Dipper was lying on his bed, reading a book that has the number "3" written on it.

"All done!" Mabel said.

"Looks pretty." I complimented. "I wanna take a picture of it. Let me just get my phone from my bag."

When I took my phone, a piece of paper fell from my bag. It was the one I found last night on my way home. It got Mabel's attention.

"Hey YN what's that?" Mabel asks curiously.

"Here." I handed her the paper.

"A treasure in Gravity Falls?" Mabel shouts while examining the paper. "Hey Dipper, check this out."

"Coming." Dipper said, walking towards her sister and sitting as far away from me as possible. "What's that?"

"Something I found last night on my way home." I said.

"Let me see." Dipper held it and gasped. "This is the author's handwriting!"

"The author?" I asked.

"I found this journal in the forest that contains all the secrets of gravity falls." He showed me the book he was reading earlier.

"Wow. So this treasure really is true?" I ask.

"Yes." he confirms. "The author never lies. Mabel, we have to find this treasure."

"Hold up!" I raise and arm and he stops talking. "What do you mean 'you and Mabel'? What about me? I found the map!" I complain.

Dipper smirks. "You can't handle adventures like this."

"So what are you saying?" I ask, offended.

"That you're weak." Dipper says casually.

"Says the guy who doesn't even have muscles!" I snap.

"Guys stop fighting!" Mabel screams. "All three of us are going to find this treasure together."

"But Mabel! We can't trust her. We barely know her." Dipper whines.

"I found the map." I shrug.

"We're going to do this together or never do it all." Mabel insists.

"Fine." Dipper and I sigh in defeat.

We made our way to the backyard, where the map says the first clue is hidden. Dipper and I won't stop glaring at each other.