Chapter 1

THIRD PERSON POV.

Maya laid on the creaky and uncomfortable bed. She stared up at the white, dirty celling and ignored the noise around her. That is what she always do anyways.

Ignore.

"Maya!" A soft voice cried out and maya's light brown eyes flicked down to the black haired girl that was standing beside her bed.

She stood up from her bed slowly and shook her head to get rid off the black spots that appeared.

"Avery." Maya said in her monotone to avery. Avery was what someone would call a friend but not maya. Maya didn't do friends.

Avery was a beautiful black haired girl with smooth brown skin that practically glowed. Pretty, dark brown eyes that almost looked black. Her beautiful curls framed her heart shaped face and her plump lips stood out making her model like.

"You are getting out tomorrow and leaving me." Avery said just above a whisper. Maya nodded indifferently. Maya was getting out of prison tomorrow.

Not that she really cared anyways.

"I am going to miss you." Avery sniffled and maya just stood there with her hands in her orange pants pocket. Maya liked Avery, she was pretty, sexy and not to mention a badass.

She only acted like that way towards maya. She didn't know why but she loved maya, there was something special about her that avery never figured out.

Avery suddenly hugged maya. Maya tensed but tried to relax quickly. She put her hands around avery's small waist as avery put her head in maya's neck smelling her soft coconut scent.

Maya was the first one to break the hug, she didn't miss the disappointment on avery's face, she felt a little bad. Avery was always there for maya when no one was. Maybe, that's why maya was never rude to avery like everyone else.

Maya looked down at avery who stood at 5'5 foot while maya stood at 5'8 foot. Avery's plump lips were stuck out in a pout and her pretty dark eyes were tearing up.

Maya couldn't help but lean down and kiss her softly. Avery's eyes widened when maya kissed her softly. Yes, they had make outs and sex before but maya was never soft or gentle.

Maya quickly pulled away before Avery deepened the kiss. She glanced at avery and whispered "goodnight, ave."

Maya climbed on her bed and heard avery sigh and get in her bed too. She closed her eyes and slowly drifted off.

The next morning.

"WAKE UP!" Maya's eyes snapped open at the angry voice. She heard someone banging on hers and avery's cell's door. She looked at the door and saw officer liam. He was her favorite and that's saying a lot from maya.

She sighed and jumped down from her bed and saw avery still sleeping. "What?" She whispered and looked at him up and down.

He was hot, alright. Messy dark brown hair, bright green eyes, plump pink lips, ripped body. He was only a few inches taller than maya, which was good.

Liam rolled his eyes and whispered back. "Come on, it's time, you are getting out."

There was a twinkle in maya's light eyes that liam didn't know if it was from happiness or pure evil. Yes, he was attracted to her but never did anything. She didn't come to prison for nothing after all.

Maya nodded and took the clothes from liam. "Who sent this clothes?" She whispered to liam with brows frowned in confusion.

Last time she checked, she didn't exactly have the best relationship with her family - scratch that - she didn't even talk to them in five years.

Liam shrugged. "Don't know, i didn't see him."

"Him?" Maya shrugged it off and changed her clothes. It was a black ripped jeans and white short tank top with black sneakers.

(Maya's outfit ^)

(Maya's outfit ^)

"Maya?" Avery whispered to maya who turned around and looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "You are leaving now?"

Maya nodded slowly and tears gathered in avery's eyes. Avery sighed and hugged maya who only patted her back.

"Please, be careful." Avery whispered to maya who nodded and pulled away. "I love you." Avery said to maya who froze and looked at her not knowing what to say.

Avery giggled and shook her head at maya. Avery wasn't in love with maya but she loved her as friend. After all, maya was the one who stood up for her and believed her, always.

Maya waved and gave avery a rare, small smile and left with liam whose eyes were wide in shock. Never had he ever saw maya smile. He didn't know whether to be terrified or shocked.

They walked through prison until they reached the police station. "Alright, kid, you are free to go." Liam said with a sad smile. Everyone in the police station were looking at maya with either disgust, disbelieve or fear.

Maya rolled her eyes. "You are only older with three years." She said quietly but liam heard it and laughed it off.

"Be careful, kid, and don't make the same mistake again." Liam teased but said seriously. Maya's eyes darkened, they were almost black.

She shook her head and nodded. "You be careful, liam." She whispered seductively to liam who shuddered and nodded with flushed cheeks.

She patted his back and left the police station. Fresh hair hit her face. She inhaled deeply the fresh air that she hasn't smelled in five years.

People looked at her weirdly but she ignored them as always. She decided to take a cab to her destination. Yes, she had money. She always pickpocket the dumb officers when they were walking by her.

Like liam, she always did harmless flirting and she always pickpocketed him. She did think about escaping but at that time, she didn't have enough money nor did she have a plan.

Maya wasn't reckless. She was a calculating and calm girl. She was manipulative, sharp and convincing.

"We are here, ma'am." The driver said and snapped her out of her thoughts. She gave him three dollars and got out of the cab despite the driver's complaint about how it was five dollars.

Maya flipped him off and walked away. "Five dollars my ass, bitch." She scoffed and sighed once she was at the familiar door.

She swallowed the lump in her throat and rang the door bell. She heard screams and yelling and she couldn't believe that she almost missed prison.

The door slammed open and there stood a woman. She had dark amber eyes and short brown hair with light tan skin. Her face had wrinkles and she had bags under her eyes showing how tired she was. Her freckles resembled maya's freckles except maya had freckles all over her face.

Maya saw her eyes widen in shock and tears gathering in her doe eyes.

"Hello mother."

************************
Hope you like it :)