Chapter 7

Third person pov.

Maya gulped and kept looking in to his dark eyes, trying not to close her eyes and sigh contently at the feeling of wrapped up in his warm, large arms.

Valentine looked at the little woman who was still in his arms. What if she actually fell on her face and hurt herself? He scowled at her but he knew it wasn't his natural, scary scowl but more of a softer one, only made for her.

He steadied her on her feet and she looked up at him through her tall, thick lashes. She saw him still frowning at her with dark eyes and cursed inwardly.

Maybe i smell bad? Maybe he didn't like my touch? Oh god, what if he is happily in a relationship?

Questions ran through her mind and the last one almost made her heart break into million pieces for some unknown reason. She scoffed in her head and looked up at him carelessly.

"Watch where you are going next time, bella, you could have seriously fell and got hurt." Valentine scolded her softly and she looked at him in confusion and bafflement.

Is he...worried about me?

Maya frowned at her thoughts and scoffed lightly. Why would he be worried? I am just his employee. Maya thought he was only worried about her falling on a customer and them getting angry.

She suddenly looked up at him and frowned. "My name is maya, not bella." She scowled at valentine who looked at her weirdly. She knew 'bella' mean 'beautiful' in Italian but she also knew he wouldn't call her beautiful.

She thought he got confused with someone else's name.

"Right." Valentine nodded then looked at maya with a devilish smirk. "See you tomorrow, bella."

Maya scowled when he turned his back and left, glancing in her direction one time. She couldn't understand his problem to defy everything she says.

She scoffed then left the club too. She took a cab as her feet hurt like a bitch and closed her eyes. She was grateful that she was living the peaceful life she dreamed.

She snapped out of her thoughts when the cab stooped. She slapped some cash in the driver's hand and quickly got out.

She entered the apartment and was met with complete and utter silence. Ah, that is what she wants. Silence.

She sighed contently then went to her room, took a shower then changed into a comfortable black sweatshirt and black shorts.

She threw herself on the bed and closed her eyes as she could feel her head throbbing, no scratch that, her whole body throbbing from exhaustion.

She was drifting off to sleep when she heard it.

A cry of a fucking baby.

Her eyes snapped open and she scowled, getting up from the bed. She followed the sound to a room that have a white door that was slightly opened.

She entered the room slowly and found Sofia rocking a little human that had light blonde hair and bright, blue eyes that resembled Sofia's exactly. He didn't look like he is older than a few months.

"What the hell is this?" Maya mumbled quietly yet irritatedly not wanting the little devil to cry even more.

Sofia paled visibly and turned around, flashing maya a hesitant and nervous smile. "T-that's my son, Mateo." Sofia said nervously while tears gathered in her eyes.

Maya heart soften slightly and she sighed softly. She somehow felt bad for sofia, it was obvious that she was stressed. She walked towards them and cringed at the devil baby that was still crying.