Chapter 9

Third person pov.

Maya walked along italy's beautiful streets, watching couples laugh happily. Others fighting with tears running down their cheeks. She watched happy families play with their children in the playground at the park, laughing happily and freely.

She smiled fondly, softly looking at a certain girl with her mother. The little girl didn't look any older than five with round pale cheeks, bright blue eyes and raven black hair.

Maya knew that that girl was going to be a beauty when she grows up. Her mother had raven black hair with big doe green eyes. The mother and daughter due were laughing and smiling together as the mother played with her daughter.

The little girl's eyes shown with innocence that maya once had. She smiled bitterly and walked faster to the small, comfy apartment that was only a few blocks away.

Maya sighed as she entered the warm, cosy small apartment that was filled with sweet giggle coming from the living room. Curiosity struck maya making her head to the living room to see who's sweet giggle it was.

Maya entered and almost awed at the scene in front of her. Matteo was in the huge couch, giggling and cooing at his mother who was tickling his little feet.

His chubby cheeks were red and his bright blue eyes were sparkling while wiggling his little body on the couch, trying to get away from sofia's monstrous fingers.

Maya pursed her lips and glanced at matteo whose giggling stopped, him and sophia were blinking at maya. One with curiosity and One with anger and hurt.

Suddenly matteo started fussing and crying while making grabby hands towards maya. Maya blinked at him as she could feel her heart racing in nervousness.

Sophia stood up slowly while carrying matteo whose attention was on maya. She stopped when she reached maya and slowly handed her matteo who clutched maya's shirt when she held him close to her chest.

"I am sorry-" maya began but was cut off by sophia's harsh glare.

"For what?" Sophia asked harshly with a scowl on her pretty face that made her even more beautiful.

"For this morning, i shouldn't have acted that way, you were only trying to help me." Maya said in one breath. She wasn't sure if she was completely sincere since she didn't feel a damn thing but at least she had some morals to feel the tiniest bit of guilt.

Maya looked down at matteo when sophia zoned out, staring at her. Matteo was looking at maya with his big blue eyes, shining brightly. He grinned a toothless grin when maya looked at him and touched her freckled cheeks with his small chubby fingers.

Maya flinched but let him continue holding her cheeks. He giggled and maya smiled gently at him. She could never resist smiling at those tiny, innocent creatures. Somehow, they warmed her heart with their bright smile, innocent, naive mind and eyes, shining brightly.

She sighed and kissed matteo's soft, chubby cheeks while he squealed happily. She gave him to sophia who was gaping at her in shock and awe.

"I have work tomorrow but i promise i will come early to get ready for the club." Maya said while crossing her arms over her chest. She frowned when sophia continued looking at her without sating anything.

"Tomorrow is Friday, right?" Maya asked and sophia snapped out of her shock and nodded slowly while a grin was forming on her pink, plump lips.

"Okay, well, bye." Maya sighed and walked towards her room. She entered her room while checking the time. It was still one o'clock.

She shrugged and decided to change her clothes to comfortable short shorts and a white, big shirt. She laid down on her bed and started checking the social media.

After some time, maya had gotten bored and zoned out staring at the white ceiling. She kept thinking about how valentine looked at her, it was strange, she didn't like anyone looking at her yet the way he looked at her made her feel something weird in her heart.

She kept pondering and pondering where she had seen those bright blue eyes from, she was sure she had seen them before.

She sighed and closed her eyes gently, she could feel her head pounding and her eyes getting heavier by the second, her breath got heavier and she felt her heart slowing down slowly.

A few hours later.

Maya stirred slowly while opening her eyes due to being warm, too warm. She pulled the covers of her and groaned at the smell of her sweat.

She blindly searched for her phone that she threw next to her on the bed and gripped it. She opened it and squinted her eyes at the brightness. Her eyes widened at the time.

It was fucking 7:40.

She had only twenty minutes to get ready. She shrugged and went to the bathroom while stripping her clothes. She was already going to be late, might as well smell nice at least.

—————————————

Maya entered the club and looked around. It was extra crowded and she was already pissed. Her long, thick dark brown hair was slightly dripping while her black shirt was tight around her breasts and flat stomach, her black ripped jeans showed her long legs and plump, round ass.

She oozed of coconut scent that had a sweet tingle to it. She had a scowl on her pretty face, eyebrows frowned and lips pursed as she made her way to the bar.

Sebastian spotted and walked over her quickly, his face pale and she could practically feel the nerves rolling out of him in waves.

"What the hell, maya? Boss is so fucking pissed." Sebastian said in an angry and worried tone, maya frowned and shrugged. "He wants you in his office."

Maya turned on her heels and walked towards his office in slow steps. She didn't know why but her heart was racing by the second. Her gut was trying to tell her something but she didn't know if it was bad or good.

Maya raised her tightly closed fist and knocked gently on the door. His deep, rumbling voice seemed to echo through the whole fucking club.

"Come in."

Maya gripped the doorknob and twisted it while trying to control her breathing, she could feel the tension in the room before she even entered.

She looked up after she closed the door and her breath hitched in her throat. Valentine was sitting in his chair leaning back calmly.

His tight dark blue button up blouse was tight, showing his large muscles and eight packs that maya wished to run her tongue over. He had his arms crossed across his chest making maya gulp. She quickly glanced up at his dark eyes.

"You are forty minutes and thirty three seconds late, Ms knight."

Maya gulped at his deep voice, void of emotion, no anger or disappointment. It made her more nervous and she had no idea why. Her heart pounded in her chest loudly and she could fee sweat trickling down her neck or maybe it was her wet hair.

"I apologize, i oversle-" maya started while straightening her back to look confident but was harshly interrupted by valentine when he suddenly stood up, his chair flying back making maya flinch slightly.

"No, this time i won't let you go so easily."

—————————————

Hope you like it :))