Chapter 8

Third person pov.

Maya stilled with her eyes slightly wide as she heard the deep, smooth voice that made her insides jump from happiness.

She quickly relaxed her body and turned around swiftly, only to see a hard, toned chest in contact with her eyes. She looked up slowly from hard covered chest with white upturned shirt and was met with dark blue eyes.

She always seemed to get mesmerized by his godly like face, it was as if God created him as his favorite with those features.

Suddenly his jaw started ticking and his eyes narrowed slightly at her while his fists clenched so tightly that they turned white.

"Why were you crying?" He asked gruffly and a sound as if he was in pain erupted from his chest.

"I wasn't!" Maya bit out and glared at him. She hated when she cried and hated it even more when someone pointed it out.

"I am high." She blurted it out randomly and then her eyes widened for for a second then looked up at him through her long lashes.

He was gaping at her with his pretty, blue eyes wide open. He narrowed his eyes at her as she looked away for a second then back at him quickly. His gaze softened and a tender look passed in his eyes making her feel as if she is gazing into the ocean.

His hand raised slightly and she looked at his hand weirdly as it was pretty close to her cheeks. He clenched his jaw and rubbed at the corner of her left eye.

"You have got something there." He answered once he saw her questioning gaze. His hand lingered on her skin for a bit then he forced his hand down while gulping, his Adam apple bobbing up and down.

"Next!" She heard the girl at the counter huff loudly and she turned around, as that was her turn. She walked up to the counter and could feel him hot on her tail, she feared that if she stoped he would run her over from how close he was walking behind her.

She saw the counter's girl eyeing Valentine up and down with her green eyes, sparkling and could feel a nauseous feeling in her stomach, she was confused from the foreign feeling so she decided to ignore it.

"A regular black coffee, no sugar." Maya said quietly and the girl typed down her order while giving her the stinky eye as if she stole her man.

Maya rolled her eyes so hard that she felt a headache coming, she heard a slight chuckle behind her and huffed quietly to herself.

"That will be 2€." The girl said with a fake smile then looked behind maya with a seductive smirk on her ugly lips.

Maya slapped three euros on the counter and glared at the girl furiously. The girl looked at her then gulped at maya's deep scowl and darkened eyes to the point that she thought her eyes's were almost black.

"Keep the change." Maya growled then stomped away to the only free seat with a round table and another chair across from her.

She sat down on the chair angrily and glared at the glass windows showing the beautiful streets. She heard a chair scraping across from her but paid no attention to it.

"Bella." She heard his deep voice deadpan and a light shiver racked through her body making him smirk. She glared at the table angrily as she hated the effect he had on her.

"Yes, boss?" Maya replied, sarcasm dripping from her voice while rolling her eyes so hard that she could feel a headache coming.

Valentine's eyes narrowed at her and his jaw ticked. "Don't roll your eyes at me again, bella." Valentine said sternly and maya froze for a second.

She put on her best glaring face and leaned towards the table while putting her hands on it. "Or what?" Maya asked threateningly while glaring at him through her dark orbs.

"Or i will fucking take you o-" valentine was cut off when their drinks were put on the table loudly by the girl that took their orders.

Maya scowled as she could see her leaning towards valentine, almost shoving her small ass tits in his face while he only leaned back from her and looked intensely at maya. Maya glanced down at the name cart on her shirt and read it 'bianca'.

"Anything else, sir?" 'Bianca' asked with a seductive smile and valentine shot her a disgusted glare that made her gulp and blush in embarrassment.

"Are you thirsty, bianca?" Maya suddenly asked making bianca's eyes snap to hers, her name left a sour taste in maya's mouth.

"No, why?" Bianca frowned and glared at maya with what seemed to be jealousy and annoyance.

"Because you look fucking thirsty for my man, bitch." Maya blurted out in anger without thinking making bianca gasp and her whole face turned red in embarrassment while valentine stared at her with amusement and adoration in his intense blue eyes yet his face was void of emotions.

Bianca quickly scrammed away while blushing in embarrassment and maya paled once she realized what she just said. She avoided eye contact with valentine and picked up her coffee to make herself look busy.

"Boyfriend, huh?" The deep, rough voice teased and she could feel the smirk on his handsome face without even looking, he chuckled lightly when she kept her flaming face hid behind the cup of coffee and glared at him with those honey eyes of hers.

He sighed as she stubbornly hid her face from his view by his cup, he was just about to complain when his phone rang. He grumbled and shifted slightly to get it out of his pocket.

Maya watched as he listened to the person on the other line, his sharp jawline clenching and unclenching angrily. She wondered what got him so fussed up as his bright blue eyes turned dark blue as the night.

He put his phone back in his pocket with a deep, scary scowl that would make men shake and piss themselves from fear. He sighed as he looked at a confused maya and got up from his chair while holding eye contact with her light brown eyes.

He walked towards her and stood next to her chair. She looked up at him with a scrunched nose and frowned eyebrows. He looked at her scrunched up nose and his lips lifted for a second before he quickly brought his hand up and rubbed his jaw.

He raised his hand towards her face and she flinched, it was a reflex. She saw him frowning and guessed he didn't have siblings. (If you know, you know)

He sighed and shoved his hands inside his trousers. He gave her a stern look, "see you at work, miss knight." He grumbled and glanced at her with a deep emotion in his dark blue eyes before he turned his back and exited the small, comfortable cafe.

Maya looked at the see through window and saw him getting inside a black SUV. She rolled her eyes and placed her cold, black coffee on the table while getting up.

Her mind was getting worked up at why valentine seemed so angry yet treated her with gentleness. She scowled at herself and grumbled.

"Time to go home."

***************************
Hope u like it :))