Persuasive

•Y/N: Your Name

————————————————
Author's POV:
________________________________

————————————————Author's POV:________________________________

________________________________

Y/N, filled to the brim with paranoia and fear, walks into the café a few days after the gruesome murder of her cousin, Damian, seeming more distraught than ever before. She felt her knees would collapse at any second, but seeing Rich was a comfort to her. She had to see him and tell him what had happened so that he could tell her kind words to ease her; though, that might be near impossible to accomplish at the moment.

"How can I help you today? Oh! Hello, rose girl." Rich flashes Y/N a cheerful grin, which disappears after he sees the state she's in. She's hardly holding herself together. Poor thing was probably so shaken about the other day. He really wished she had not walked in on him while he was working. Though she had heard of all the previous murders, she had not been a firsthand witness to them, and he imagined that was quite traumatizing to walk in on. "I'm guessing bad news?" he assumes with a tilted head, though he already knew what had flipped that gorgeous smile of hers upside-down.

"C- C- C- C—" she struggles to speak, so he gives a very kind and comforting look while reaching over the counter to pick up her chin. Like the past few times she came to visit him, she was dressed in disguise. He remembered those glasses, though, and the way they sat on her face, so he was able to see right through it as she burst into tears. "C- C- Can we t- talk in private?" she finishes in a low whisper that he almost didn't catch. He nods his head, willing to make time for her at any time of the day, even if it was in the middle of his shift.

"Of course. We can go to the break room. Come around here." Releasing her chin, the murderer guides the girl to an opening that will allow her behind the counter. One of the other baristas notice and quickly say,

"Uh, Richard you cant just let people back here."

"Back off!" he snaps loudly, catching a few eyes that he instantly became aware of, so he protectively put an arm around Y/N, who flinched in surprise. "Can't you see we have a problem here? Don't be insensitive." The woman's attention is brought to the trembling girl who clung to Rich's arm tightly, unsure if she wanted it off or to hold her tighter. The barista sighs and steps out of their way, guessing that the girl was having a panic attack or was overstimulated and needed a quiet place. "Thank you," he hisses out before walking past her, closing him and his love in the break room, away from the customers and workers. "Here, take deep breaths and have a seat. Want me to get you some water, tea, coffee?" he offers while helping her sit at the round table in the middle of the room.

"W- W- Water," she stutters out, and he nods his head, going into the fridge, where they keep their lunches, before picking out an unopened water bottle. It wasn't his, but he didn't care. Y/N needs it more than whoever it belongs to. He sets it in front of the girl before taking the chair next to her and waiting for her to collect her thoughts and drink. As she chugs down the liquid, he sets a hand on hers and gently caresses it. The action is welcomed, but hardly noticed over the teen's racing mind.