Cup of Coffee

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color
•H/C: Hair Color
•H/L: Hair Length
•L/N: Last Name

Author's POV:

Y/N shuffles nervously in the red, cushioned booth along the wall of Bitter Bliss, the café that Richard had escorted her to. The blonde sits across from the distraught female with a gentle smile on his lips that fails to falter. He didn't think he'd get this far, and yet, here he sits with his beloved rose in all her beauty. In front of both of them is their own cups of coffee in white mugs. Y/N stares down at hers with dull, E/C eyes that are clouded by a thin film of tears, tinting the pretty orbs red. Unable to meet the male's light brown gaze, she fiddles with her fingers while trying to figure out a way to end this feeling of sadness inside her. Seeing as she's lost in her own little world, Rich decides to stop the silence so that her attention can be solely on him...as it should be.

"So, what happened to make you cry? Seems like you need to let it out rather than hold it in. That isn't very healthy, you know?" The corners of his lips twitch, threatening to form a smirk, but the blonde keeps it from appearing. His hand travels to where the cream and sugar are kept on the table to grab some of both. Y/N watches as he tears the pink, sugar packets to spill the sweet substance into his drink. She stays silent for a moment to debate on whether or not she should vent her feelings to this stranger. He doesn't force her to speak, since her gaze is on him. He'll be patient for the moment as long as she keeps her attention on him.

"Well..." lightly, the girl bites down on her bottom lip after starting, feeling an unusual sting in her chest. When she opens her mouth to speak again, the teen finds that no words can come out. A soft look appears in Richard's eyes.

'She looks so lovely when speechless.'

"Take your time. There's no rush." After pouring vanilla creamer into his coffee, the killer brings the ceramic mug to his lips. Nearly, a shiver ran down his spine when the delightfully warm liquid slides down his throat. The sensation reminds him of the sip of tea he drank from his obsession's cup at night. The memory brings a faint smile to his lips.

'If only we could've shared this drink too. Or better yet...' he softly bites the inside of his cheek upon imagining the girl transferring coffee from her mouth to his in a passionate kiss. A tingling sensation forms in his stomach, while a barely noticeable, pink tint appears on his cheeks. The man can hear his heart pounding in his head, while his eyes watch Y/N like a hawk as she prepares her own drink shakily. After having a sip of the hot beverage, the knot in her throat seemingly unravels.

"Y-yesterday, I started talking to a new kid that came to my school named Bolton. We got along really well, and I honestly believed I made a new, long time friend." The teenager gulps, while Richard's hands tightly grip his cup in anger. He doesn't show his emotions on his face though, maintaining a calm exterior.

'How can she say such things about that pest...no matter. She doesn't know of his faults. They had only just met. That boy had no place in your heart, Y/N, trust me.'

"B-But, this morning, on the news...it said he was killed." A small tear slides down from her left eye, making the male's breath hitch.

'Even as she cries, those eyes are so pretty.'