Unknown Number

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color

Your POV:

A soft sigh of relief falls from my lips as I take a seat on the couch after finally finding my goddamn phone. I went the whole night without it only to find out that I left it on the kitchen counter. After checking if I missed any calls or messages, I shove the device in my pocket before reaching for the remote to turn on the T.V. The news channel is the first to pop up, but, before I could change it, a familiar person is shown on screen. A picture of my best friend, Ciera, is present beside the reporter's head. Curious, I turn the volume up.

'Oh, great. What did she do this time?' I wonder, knowing she gets into some crazy hijinks whenever she gets bored.

"Ciera Martinez was found dead last night in Meleno Park," was all I heard before the world seemingly collapsed. The remote slips from my hand as disbelief fills my features. Once I comprehended the words, tears filled my eyes.

'What... no. I was just talking to her the other day. I... I just saw her at school. What is happening? Why is everyone dying?!' I start to breathe heavily in panic with sobs threatening to escape my throat. A sketch is revealed on the television, but the reporter's words were all muddled in my brain as the pounding of my heart became louder and louder. It was of that same heart with an arrow shot through it that was at Bolton's crime scene, only, this time, the message had changed.

'I'm all she needs.'

'I'm gonna be sick!' Covering my mouth, I jump to my feet before racing to the bathroom to empty my stomach. Vomit fills the toilet soon after I collapse onto my knees. It wasn't a lot, but enough to leave a foul tase in my mouth. Tears spill down my heated cheeks as I cry over the ceramic bowl, my head pounding in a painful manner. I try to clear the salty drops from my face with the sleeves of my green jacket, but it did little to stop the flow of tears.

 I try to clear the salty drops from my face with the sleeves of my green jacket, but it did little to stop the flow of tears

'Why is this happening?' Sobs escape me as I lean back against the bathroom wall to try and compose myself. It takes a long while, at least twenty minutes, though, I'm sure it's been more. After getting a grip on myself, I shakily stand and run warm water from the sink faucets. I splash my face a few times before drying my face with a towel. I hold myself up using the sink after shutting the water off. I take a moment to breathe.

'This is insane. Two people I know were murdered; dead, gone. Am I going to be next or something?' That thought fills me with fear. I don't want to take any chances, so I go around the house, locking all the windows and doors.