Jerk and Squirt

Hi! This is my first fan fiction so sorry if it's not great. This is a Gus and Mattholomule ship so the fic will mostly be about them. I hope you enjoy it and if not thanks for checking it out 😊! Anyways enjoy the story! (This is mostly head cannon but I try to keep it close to the actual show)

I am snapped out of my trance by a tapping on my desk I look up and he is already gone no words during school just notes. This has been happening ever sense we started hanging out. He normally does odd jobs for teachers-a way to get out of class or maybe to do something else. I open the note.
___________________________   Can't wait to see you tonight squirt ;)
         -Jerk
___________________________

I falter I always falter when I get his notes. I haven't told Luz or Willow about us hanging out but they do know about the ruins, and I honestly think that Mattholomule likes it better that way as he doesn't like approaching Luz because she hisses at him every time he tries so he passes notes.

The bell screams and everyone starts packing up.

"Augustus" the teacher calls just as I am leaving
"Yeah?"
" go see principle bump after school today"
"Is it anything I should be worried about miss?" I ask concerned about what the reason might be.
"No" she says sweetly "No not at all, now run off to your next class" she pauses "and I mean that literally "
"Thank you" I say as I squeeze through the door running to my next class thinking about how I will be late tonight.

As I run through the school's empty halls I collide with something or someone my school bag goes flying but I never hit the ground. In a dazed confusion I look up, up into the face of Mattholomule.
I feel my face turn red.

"Hey" I say
"Hey" he replies with a smirk. His arm is wrapped around my back, supporting me, and he is leaned over me.
"I'm going to be late tonight" I stutter still blushing
"Okay, I'll wait" he says as he pulls me upright, I come up and we are face to face, I see him blush slightly before stuffing his hands in his pockets and walking away.

I stand there flustered, always flustered around him. And then the bell screams and I am tardy.
I curse slightly and run off to my class.
___________________________
✨Time skip✨

Finally the last bell screams and I head straight for principal Bump's office wanting to get this over with.
I knock on his door

"Come in" he sighs
" You wanted to see me?" I say
"Ah! Augustus, yes come in." He paused "would you like to add to your teachings?"
"What do you mean?" I stutter confused
"Do you want to join another track? You are top of your class in illusions and already moved up what 2 years." I freeze, joining another track is big I'll need to think hard about this and.. I'm cut off
"Learning multiple forms of magic is forbidden so you won't be able to learn things like plant magic, orical magic, or beast keeping, so you will be enrolled in the potions track because you don't use actual spells and even a human could learn potions" he explained "are you up to the task?"
"Yes" I answered
"Perfect! You start tomorrow."
And that was it, I don't know much about potions but I can't wait to learn.

I rush out of the school wanting only to be at the ruins (with Matt) when I catch someone in the corner of my eye. I stop dead and whirl around. There he is, leaning against a tree waiting, 'waiting for what' I think, but I know...he's waiting for me.

Thank you so much if you made it this far this has been really fun to write. I don't really know what else to put here so goat

 I don't really know what else to put here so goat

Byeeeeeeeeee👋