Illusions

Its my hc that Matholomule doesn't like being called Matty because of the things that Bria put him through so that's why I call him Matt instead.
(this chapter contains some spoilers from the episode "Labyrinth Runners" , you can watch the newer episodes at theowlclub.net if you haven't gotten to see them yet :b )

Gus POV

Normally I would have a Illusion take notes for me, but first hour is an exception, in this class we learn how to use illusions for combat. Its a new class that principal bump instilled. I think he said something about some more advanced Illusion students helping teach those starting out, that's why he put me in this class I think.

I still have about 15 minutes before class starts but I didn't finish my homework from yesterday so I go to work on that. When I walk into the classroom I immediately notice several things. One- that most of the kids look inexperienced in illusions . Two- That most of them have two tracks. Thee- That Matt is sitting in the corner next to where I normally sit.

I blush immediately, I cant believe that he joined Illusions! Why did he join? I don't know. Walking over to him I see that hes reading illusion basics. I pull out a chair and sit next to him. He looks up mumbling something to himself.

"Oh hey Gus, when did you get here." he says nervously trying to hide the book.

"I just got here" I say "Why did you join Illusions?"

"Oh that" He says blushing "I uh, what happened at the ruins with Bria made me realize that there's really a lot you can do with illusions."

I blush at this, I changed something in someone, I made them realize that Illusions aren't just some stupid party trick.

"Instead of hurting your enemies, you can just break their mind." he says the blush in his face deepening.

"Yeah, I've never thought about it that way" I admit

*the bell screams and class starts*

"Alright, today because we have so many beginner students those with experience will be helping me instruct the class" the teacher says "Today when you draw your spell circle you will focus on creating an object that is simple and familiar to you, the larger the illusion the more concentration you will need to maintain it"

The teacher looks at me "Gus do you want to give a example of a harder illusion to maintain"

Standing up I draw a spell circle and create a illusion of the Bat Queen's forest, it appears to continue on past where we know the walls are. Continuing the illusion I show the Bat Queen flying over to her perch and all of the palismens that she cares for, I showed them where our palismen came from. Everyone was looking around bewildered.

"Very good Gus, that was a perfect example, a area illusion is harder to maintain and will take much more concentration" the teacher says, then they continue on to explain how to cast illusions and all of the basic things that you'll need to know.

After some time They says "Alright class, you will now be practicing your illusions, if you need help feel free to ask any of the more advanced students."

I look over at Matt, he's struggling to form a clear illusion of something. As I walk over to him, he doesn't notice me. Studying him closely I can see how pretty his eyes are- I MEAN WHAT HIS PROBLEM IS. He doesn't seem to have a clear mental picture of what he is trying to create.

Walking up from behind him I cover his eyes with my hand, my chest just barely touching his back. "Wha, What are you doing!" he asks confused, a small blush rising in his cheeks and ears.

"This is a trick my dad taught me." I reply simply "Close your eyes and think about what you want to create. Now keep that image solid, don't let it change."

"Then you draw your circle," I say while grabbing his hand and guiding it to draw a spell circle. "And Voila!" I cry out triumphantly at his illusion of a tree.

Why he chose a tree is beyond me but he made a working illusion so yay.

"Uh Gus" Matt says and I finally realize the position we are in, I drop his hand and step back blushing.

"Uh I er- sorry" I say looking away.

That's all folks