Rose light

Matt POV

After talking to Willow for a while Gus says "so, do you wanna dance?"

In reply I grab his hand and lead him over to the dance floor.

Gus looks around at the other couples before looking at the ground in front of him.
"I just realized I've never danced with someone before" he says, embarrassed

"That's okay" I say quickly "I can show you how"

I put my hands around his waist and he rests his on my shoulders.
"And now we just sort of.. sway" I say softly

The lights are a light rose color, it hides the blush rising in Gus's face. I can tell that he's flustered, he keeps glancing at me and looking away as soon as I return his gaze.

Somewhere behind us I hear people talking in hushed tones "so thats who Goops is dating" " they look cute together"

I can feel Gus tense up slightly in my arms. Smirking, I pull him a little closer to me and say  into his ear "I can tell you're blushing"

He leans forward and whispers "and now you are" into my ear. Before I can express my confusion he kisses me on the cheek. My face instantly starts to burn.

He was right.

I will be going on hiatus for some time, my next update will be addressing this.

I almost wrote this one after the hiatus but ended up getting inspiration and writing it now.