*23*

"You know this a terrible spot to see the screen from." Lance teases, he knows all to well why they've parked so far away.

"Yes but it's a great spot to fool around in." She counters, leaning over the console to kiss him.

"You're going to get me in so much trouble, Smith." He takes her face in his hands and deepens the kiss, lingering for a long moment before reluctantly pulling away. "Let's go you."

She smiles devilishly as he gets out of the truck he borrowed from his dad, and she turns to grab the mountain of blankets they had tossed in the backseat. She tosses them to him as he pulls the tailgate down and he begins spreading them out, creating a comfy spot for them to lay as they watch the movie.

"I've got the goods." Alice announces, dangling a bag full of sodas and candy from her hand.

Lance smirks and takes the candy bag in one hand, offering her the other to help her up into the bed of the truck. "You sure do."

"Save it for the trailers bucko." Alice teases, patting his backside in a flirtatious manner.

The two curl up in the blankets as they watch more and more cars crowd into the already buzzing drive-in. "Guess it's a good thing we got here when we did."

"Yeah, we probably could have gotten one of the better spots if we tried."

He smirks, cocking his head to face her. "But what's the fun in that?"

"Could have given everyone two shows for the price of one." She slithers her arms around his neck and pulls him down with her as she presses her lips to his. He rests his body atop hers, slotting one of his legs between her thighs which has her arching into him almost instantly.

Just as Lance's hand begins to slip up her top, headlights shine brightly beside them and they spring apart, straightening themselves out so it isn't so obvious what they had just been doing.

The vehicle parks right next to them, something that puzzles the frazzled couple until Alice takes a good look at the car and who exactly she finds sitting at the wheel. "You have got to be kidding me." She fumes.

"What? What's- oh." Lance quickly catches on as FP and Fred step out of the car, faking surprise at the sight of the couple.

"Alice? Lance?" He fakes a laugh. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Funny," Alice begins, straight faced. "I was just about to ask you the same thing."

"We wanted to see E.T." Fred shrugs.

"You could've rented it from the video store."

"What's the fun in that?" FP argues.

"This a terrible spot, you guys should find something closer." Alice urges, widening her eyes to hopefully get her point across.

"It's a good spot." FP challenges, not backing down.

"It's the very back of the lot, this is not a good spot." Alice retorts.

"But it's close to the washroom and I'm in the mood for a slurpee." He counters. "Is there room for two more?"

"Actually-" Lance begins, any answers he was planning to give completely being disregarded as FP and Fred hop into the truck bed with them. "Make yourselves comfortable."

Alice locks eyes with Lance, apologizing without words as she leans into his side, letting his arm curl around her.

"Oh awesome you guys brought candy!" Fred cheers, reaching for the bag. Alice swats his hand like a child. "Ow!"