*30*

After putting a final swipe of lipstick on, Alice takes a step back to fully examine her appearance. Lance's friend is hosting a party, and of course she's going as his date, but it also means mingling with a bunch of Northsider's she doesn't really know, which has her a little nervous.

Checking the clock on the wall she grabs her jacket and makes her way outside to wait for Lance, and of course that's when FP would show up. Of course it wouldn't be a bad thing if it weren't for the brunette sitting in his passenger seat.

She doesn't necessarily dislike the girl, she barely knows her, but there is something she can't quite put her finger on that has her on the fence.

"Hey you," FP greets after he hops out of his truck. "You look fancy, where are you going?"

"Lance's friend is throwing a party, he should be picking me up any minute." She notices the brunette come around the side of the truck and offers her a smile. "Hey Gladys."

She nods, giving a small smile as well. "Alice."

"Some party it must be." FP teases, noting how her outfit is more dressy than she would usually dress for a party.

"You're acting as if I'm wearing a ball gown or something." She rolls her eyes. "It's on Lemony Lane, figured a little extra pizzazz wasn't such a bad idea."

"You're probably right, the houses out there are huge."

"The foods getting cold." Gladys nonchalantly urges. "We should probably head inside."

"Right right, here take the keys, I'll meet you in there." He drops his keys in her palm and she blinks at him before turning on her heel, biting the inside of her cheek.

"You can go inside with her you know." Alice tells him. "She seems pretty eager."

He shrugs and takes the few steps closer to her."Figured you might want the company while you wait."

"I don't think she'll be too happy with that idea, she doesn't seem to like me very much."

"She's just a little intimated I think." He explains.

She quirks an eyebrow. "Intimidated? Why?"

"I think just because of how close we are."

She nods. "Gotcha." Headlights light up the gravel road and Alice squints to see. "That's Lance."

"Well enjoy yourself," FP tells her, stuffing his hands awkwardly in his pockets. "You'll have to tell me all about your romp with the rich."

She fondly rolls her eyes and gives him a playful shove as Lance pulls up. "Get out of here."

***

Sure she had anticipated Lance catching up with his friends, but what she hadn't anticipated was him abandoning her shortly after they arrived.

He had taken her along with him when he tracked down his friends, proudly showing off his girl and introducing her. He also introduced her to his friends girlfriend's which apparently gave him the idea that she'd be perfectly fine if he just disappeared somewhere and left her alone with them.