*28*

To say he's a bit anxious about the whole thing would be an understatement. He's barely had a chance to figure out how he feels about Gladys, let alone his friends. But it's too late to back out now and who knows, maybe it'll be good? Maybe hanging out in a group will take a bit of the pressure off.

"You okay?" Gladys asks him as he drives onto Hermione's street. "Seems like something is bothering you."

"No, I'm alright." He flashes her a smile. "I'm just a little nervous is all."

"Shouldn't I be the nervous one?" She questions. "They like you already, they don't even know me."

"They'll like you," FP assures her. "Hard not to."

Gladys blushes a little. "Then how come you're nervous?"

He shrugs. "I've just never introduced a girl to my friends before, not like this at least. Everyone I've dated sort of knew my friends already, so there's was no need for awkward introductions. You're kind of a mystery to them."

"Well being a mystery is fun." She smirks as they pull into the Gomez' driveway. "You're sure they'll like me?"

"Just be yourself and I know they will. They're a pretty easy group to get along with."

FP takes the brunette's hand as they walk up to the front door, he knocks softly and opens the door, announcing his presence. "We're here!"

"Living room!" Hermione responds.

Gladys squeezes his hand a little tighter as he leads them to the living room.  "Guys, I'd like you to meet Gladys." He gestures to the girl next to him. "Gladys, that's Fred and Hermione over there, and that's Alice and Lance." He stumbles on the last boy's name, something Gladys catches but shrugs off.

"You weren't kidding when you said couple's night." She jokes lightly. "It's nice to meet you all."

"Come sit!" Alice urges, patting the spot next to her.

Gladys takes the spot next to the girl while FP plops himself down on a cushion on the floor in front of her. "Could've saved me a seat, Al." He teases.

"You're not the guest of honour." She retorts. "So? Tell us about yourself." Alice urges.

Gladys blinks, already finding the blonde a little intense. "Um, what do you want to know?"

"You go to our school right? How come I haven't seen you around before?"

"I just transferred here actually," She explains. "I lived up in Toledo but my dad got a job opportunity here that was too good to pass up."

"So you'll be starting at Riverdale High this year right? That's so exciting."

"Maybe you could try out for the cheer squad." Hermione suggests. "Coach thinks I'm a-shooing for captain this year."

Gladys forces a smile. "I'm not really the cheerleader type I'm afraid."

"Don't worry," Alice tells her. "Neither am I."

"So what do you do?" Hermione asks. "Any hobbies?"

"Music, mostly, listening, playing, all of it."

"Anyone in particular?"

"Huge Pink Floyd fangirl, if I'm honest." She smiles. "I think I own every CD, vinyl and cassette they've ever released."

"You brought a Pink Floyd fan here?" Alice questions FP, a hint of disdain in her tone.

"Believe me, I'm just as devastated as you." He jokes.