*43*

"You know, Al, if I had known you were going to hog the bathroom all morning I would've woken up earlier." FP calls as he yet again bangs on the bathroom door. Alice had slipped into the bathroom to get ready for the wedding, promising to not take very long; that had been over an hour ago and FP has grown very impatient.

"Would you calm down?" She hisses from behind the door.

"Fine but if I show up to this thing looking like a slob you have to explain to Hermione that it's your fault."

He hears the lock turn and rests against the wall with a displeased look on his face, prepared to chastise her for taking so long. But as soon as he lays eyes on her all words just seem to fall out of his head; she's a vision.

"There you go, Mr Dramatic. I'll finish my makeup out here." Alice tells him with a snoot, floating past him with her makeup bag in hand. He just stares in awe, something she notices after a moment. She turns her head slowly, eyeing him. "Yes?"

FP snaps out of his daze at her voice and quickly excuses himself. "Nothing, sorry. It's nothing."

She brings a defensive hand up to her hair, tucking a stray curl behind her ear. "Is something wrong? Do I look bad?"

"No," FP tells her immediately. "You look... beautiful."

She raises an eyebrow at him, trying to hide the surprise in her tone. "Really?"

"Really." He smiles shyly. "I mean I figured you would but wow."

"Well you can applaud Hermione for picking the dress then. I don't think she'll love how I've done my hair and makeup but-"

"Alice?" FP interrupts her rambling.

"Yeah?"

"You look great."

"Well... thank you." He's not sure if it's the makeup or her, but he swears her cheeks pinken. "So do you."

He chuckles. "Now you're just lying. I'm half ready because someone can't tell time."

Alice rolls her eyes playfully and shoves him toward the bathroom. "I'm out now, aren't I? Go make yourself look pretty."

He takes a minute to properly notice her dress, the rich green colour that contrasts her skin beautifully, the silky fabric that hugs her just right, how it's just the right balance of sexy and sweet.

"Now I get why Hermione insisted on picking out my tie." FP chuckles. Alice looks at him, puzzled, and he reaches into his suitcase, producing the emerald green tie that matches her dress to a T.

"Typical Hermione." Alice laughs a little, eyeing the silky fabric. "Do you even know how to put that thing on?"

"Yes," FP answers, albeit a little unsure of himself. "Not well but yeah. Fred said he'd fix it for me if it's a complete monstrosity."

"Let me see." Alice holds out her hand and he places it in her palm, feeling his breath hitch as her slender fingers pop the collar of his shirt.

She ties it slowly, taking her time; her eyebrows furrowed in concentration, and he has to fight hard to keep from smiling at her. "Is that too tight?" She wonders as she tightens it, situating it just under his Adam's apple.

He gives it an experimental tug and shakes his head. "No it's good." He looks in the mirror and smirks at her through it. "Damn Al, you're pretty good at that."

"I used to watch my grandpa do it all the time, and I always wanted to help," She explains. "So, he taught me."

FP smiles at that, a dopey grin at the sweet memory. "I don't think you've ever told me that before." He says. "That's really sweet, Al."