4 - Starstruck

☻♡

☻♡

4 - Starstruck

Ashton was sat in the back of his black Range Rover with Michael sat next to him and to his right.

A driver was taking them to Ashton's house from Luke's, since Ashton preferred to lounge in the back compared to actually taking himself places.

Ashton peered at Michael in silence like he had done earlier with Calum. But it wasn't due to nervous attraction. It was due to curiosity.

He could see why Luke already took interest in the bodyguard. Ashton knew Luke better than anyone else, so he understood what his type was.

The non-present blonde liked beautiful people who held talent and poise. Michael seemed to have all of this within his subtle beauty that was hidden underneath his black coat jacket. And—of course—he had to hold talent and poise to have a job like his.

"Tell me about yourself." Ashton said interested, making Michael look over at his client.

"I've been a bodyguard for five years now. Past clients have been big celebrities as well, so I have the needed experience to keep you safe. I'll stay alert in order to ensure your everyday safety."

"I mean personally, not professionally. If we're going to be together 24/7 then we should be friends."

Michael nodded shortly from this, offering his client a small smile.

"Well...I'm from L.A. myself. I'm an only child and am close with my parents. I'd probably consider them my best friends. When I'm not on the job I just stay with them because there's no point in having my own place when I'm rarely client-less."

"Why did you become a bodyguard?"

"I've always been good at protecting myself, so I thought I could do the same for others."

"Do you like it?"

"Yes. There's never a dull moment when you're protecting a high end celebrity." Michael chuckled softly, "It keeps me on my feet."

"You don't find it scary? All the mobs, screaming, and pushing?" Ashton asked astonished, making Michael frown slightly at the celebrity.

"No. It's my job to not be affected by it and to instead get you out of those situations. Does it scare you?"

"God, yes." Ashton huffed, "It's the worst. I don't mind occasional fans coming up to greet me. But when hundreds do at the same time chaos always erupts."

"I'll try to keep them from happening. I promise."

"Thank you." Ashton smiled friendly over at Michael, earning a small nod and smile from the bodyguard.

Michael was already proving himself to be a nice and friendly person. It was hard to process that he was a bodyguard because it didn't seem like he would be.

Other than the all black clothing—especially the leather gloves—Michael seemed like an ordinary, friendly man who wouldn't be able to leave any damage onto another being.

But it was his job to keep Ashton safe, even if that meant fighting off other people if they ever proved to be a dangerous threat against the celebrity.

Michael was an intriguing character and Ashton was now looking forward to getting to know him better in hopes of a real, genuine friend.

It was hard making real friends for Ashton. Luke didn't mind people being around him just because of his popularity, but Ashton did.

Him being famous shouldn't be the reason why people liked him. He wished there were more people who liked him for who he was as a person and not as a celebrity.

Sometimes he regretted it. In moments of weakness he found himself wondering what his life would be like if he was a normal man.

Where would he be? Would he be happy? Would he finally have a lover to cherish all his moments with?

He was lonely, which was ironic because there were thousands of people who wanted to be with him.

But Ashton would always quickly get over these feelings. Because even if he was lonely and wanted a true love, he loved being famous at the end of the day.

He loved the fame, the wealth, and all the opportunities it gave him. Unlike Luke he didn't party 24/7 and he didn't drown himself in the famous lifestyle. But he still enjoyed the attention and everything it provided him with.

"What do you think of Luke?"

Michael paused when Ashton asked him this. He peered at Ashton in thought, wondering how to answer the question.

"He's...extreme."

"You could say that." Ashton scoffed, but in good nature. After all Luke was his best friend that he would always love and cherish, "But he likes you."

"I'm here professionally for you. I'm not here for him unless I happen to be there and he's in trouble."

"I just told you that Luke Hemmings likes you and that's your reaction? You're not starstruck?"

"I'm always around celebrities. I don't get starstruck. Plus...I've heard about who he is and his tendencies."

"His tendencies?"

"His partying and his chaos. The fact that he's always seen with a different woman or man every night. Sometimes even with a few. So, Mr. Irwin, he doesn't like me. From what I've heard and seen, Mr. Hemmings doesn't like anyone for more than a night."

"You've got a point I guess." Ashton shrugged, "He doesn't do the whole being in love thing. Well at least he hasn't yet. Also please call me Ashton. I'm not a cheeky little shit like Luke, but I'd just prefer it."

"Okay, Ashton...And you?"

"Me?"

"Do you do the whole being in love thing?"

Ashton sighed and looked outside the window, seeing the blinding lights of L.A. flash on by while they drove towards their destination.

"I don't."

"You seem upset by that."

"I am. Because I wish that I could do it. But I can't."

"Anyone can fall in love."

"I can fall in love and I know that people can fall in love with me. But that's the problem. They don't fall in love with me as a person..." Ashton said and felt his eyes sharply close in pain when he said the unfortunate truth about his life, "They fall in love with me only as a celebrity."

—•••—

Ashton baby. :(

What do you think about Ash saying no one will ever fall in love with him for being himself?

—☆⁎⁺˳✧༚