10 - Photoshoot

☻♡

☻♡

10 - Photoshoot

The tension was felt and it was...awkward.

Luke's and Michael's interaction the night prior was still fresh and they hadn't had any time to really address it before they had to meet up with Calum and Ashton in order to do a photoshoot together.

Even though Ashton and Luke technically were famous for different reasons, they had a lot of shoots and other events together. Luke was a model and Ashton was a social media influencer. But they were also famous for being the best friends.

They were the perfect pair of friends. They had a good relationship that people adored. And they were both so perfect looking that people either desired to have or lusted to be with.

"Ashton, look here for me. Perfect! And Luke...yes, just like that!" The photographer gave them instructions while Luke and Ashton posed together behind the camera.

When the camera was fluttering, Luke was smiling with his pearly whites. But Ashton noticed that every time the photographer would stop taking photos Luke would instantly close his mouth and let a frown form instead.

So once the two went to the back to take a quick ten minute break, Ashton asked his best friend about it.

"What's wrong?"

Luke looked at Ashton, trying to act confused, "What?"

"Don't 'what' me." Ashton rolled his eyes slightly, "Just tell me what's wrong."

Luke sighed, sitting down and looking into the mirror in front of them while Ashton sat down next to him expectantly.

"Michael...He said something last night that...hurt my feelings."

"What did he say?" Ashton asked confused. Luke, like all other celebrities, has his fair share of haters. He was used to mean comments being thrown at him, but he could take it. He loved himself and his fame too much to let those comments get to him.

So why was Luke so upset about something Michael said to him?

"He said that I only care about myself. I don't do things for people unless I benefit from it."

"Damn." Ashton deadpanned, earning a look of disbelief from Luke.

"Aren't you going to tell me he's wrong?"

"Why are you so upset about it? You never let people's negative comments get to you."

"I don't know...Michael, he's different than the rest."

"Different?" Ashton asked.

"He's just...so pretty."

Ashton's eyes widened when he saw something different in his best friend. It wasn't his usual lustful, wanting self seeking a lover for the night. Instead, Luke took Michael's words in a sensitive way. And the way he talked about his bodyguard showed care and pure interest.

"You like him. Like actually like him."

"What? I do not." Luke scoffed. But Ashton could see right through him. He always would be able to.

"Stop lying to me. There's no point to it."

Luke took in a deep breathe, looking into the mirror stressfully.

"I hate this. Feelings suck."

"Feelings are cool. Just accept them." Ashton shrugged.

"Okay then accept your feelings for Calum then."

"What?" Ashton's eyes widened, looking at Luke in disbelief.

Luke took his turn to roll his eyes, "Please. You're so far up his ass I'm surprised he hasn't ran away yet."

"More like he's up my ass." Ashton muttered, making Luke cackle.

"You're such a bottom."

"Whatever." Ashton rolled his eyes, "Just because you like to top doesn't mean you're better than me."

"Mhm." Luke smirked playfully, "I wonder what Michael likes?"

"Please." Ashton glared at him, "I do not want to hear about what your precious bodyguard likes."

"Well it wouldn't really matter."

"Why not?"

"Like you said, Ashy Poo, I like to top."

"And what if he does too?"

"I'm stubborn and selfish. I'll get my way."

"Whatever." Ashton rolled his eyes, "Have you talked to him about hurting your feelings or what?"

"No." Luke answered simply. Too simply.

"Well you need to. You need to be honest with him about him hurting your feelings and why: because you like him. Then start flirting with him."

"It's...scary." Luke said quietly, making Ashton narrow his eyes at his best friend. He's never seen Luke so...unconfident in himself. Feelings were scary for the blonde celebrity. He covered them up with lust, so he didn't have to have emotions.

"It's really not, Luke. You can do anything you put your mind into. You're THE Luke Hemmings!"

Luke grinned at his best friend about to agree with him, but he was interrupted by a knock on the door to the dressing room.

"Yes?" Ashton asked, following the door opening to show Michael stepping in.

"The photographer is asking for you, Ashton. Solo shot time I guess."

"Okay." Ashton said, getting out of his seat and making his way towards Michael when an idea popped into his head. He turned around and chaotically grinned at Luke.

"Luke needs some help with his makeup. Can you stay and help, Michael?"

"Um I don't know how to do that stuff."

"It's okay, you'll learn!" He said, winking at Luke who looked at him in disbelief before Ashton walked back to the photoshoot.

"Okay, Ashton, we're going to do your solo shoot now. Stand right there...yes perfect. Now look this way and do a subtle smile."

Ashton did as he was told, posing and letting the photographer take his pictures.

"Okay look this way."

Ashton did so, feeling his heart increase when the direction he was instructed to look towards was right at Calum. He didn't even realize the bodyguard was in there, but he was. And he was standing there watching Ashton almost like a hawk.

He felt his heart increase even more when he swore he saw Calum slightly smirk while they held eye contact. He felt a sense of relief hit when the photographer changed his pose and direction to look at.

Ashton had a feeling that things were changing and it was all going to really start erupting soon...

—•••—

Long time no see 🫣

—☆⁎⁺˳✧༚