5 - No Shame

☻♡

☻♡

5 - No Shame

With an entertained grin on his face, Luke was excited to finally talk to his best friend about their newly acquainted bodyguards.

The past week had been busy for both of them while Luke worked on photoshoots and started working alongside a new company in regards of having yet another photo shoot next week.

Then Ashton had been busy sorting out his new brand deal. Well more like Joey was sorting it all out while Ashton only had to do the endorsements.

With his phone laid against the machine, Luke was jogging on his treadmill with his best friend's face shown on his screen.

Ashton was on the FaceTime in a way less productive way. He was lounging in his bed with his television now paused while he spoke with his best friend.

"How is my pretty bodyguard?"

"Michael is my bodyguard, dumbass. And he's cool."

"Cool?" Luke scoffed in distaste, "What kind of adjective is that?"

"Aww you understand what an adjective is. I'm so proud of you."

Luke glared towards his screen in dismay, making Ashton chuckle slightly from the reaction he was being given.

"But really he is cool. It's only been a week, but I'd call him more of a friend than my bodyguard."

"That must be nice." Like rolled his eyes, "Calum sucks. He never talks to me unless he has to and then it's brief. He's so boring."

"He doesn't seem boring."

"Of course you don't think he is. You're infatuated with him and haven't even spoken to him."

"I'm not infatuated with him." Ashton rolled his eyes.

"Really? You're not?" Luke asked sarcastically, "What would you call it then?"

"I'd call it...a simple interest."

"Whatever." Luke said not believing a word from the other, "Can you tell me about Michael?"

"What do you want to know?"

"What's he like? Have you two talked about me?"

Ashton smirked slightly from the last question because he knew the picture Michael already had in his mind about Luke. Like most of the public that weren't a fan of Luke, Michael saw the celebrity as a cocky player.

"He's friendly and honest. Brutally honest."

"What does that mean?"

"I mean." He smirked into the screen when he realized that he was about make Luke upset, "That he told me what he thinks of you."

The two's friendship contained them giving each other a hard time because that was their love language amongst each other. They knew the other could handle it. So hate out of love was how the best friend's communicated a lot of the time.

"Being?" Luke pushed on.

"He thinks you're a fuckboy to put it in simple terms."

"I am not!" Luke yelled out in disbelief, "I am a well-established celebrity who happens to have various partners. I am not a fuckboy."

"Just because you're a celebrity doesn't mean you can't be a fuckboy. C'mon, Luke, just admit that you are, buddy. There's no shame in it."

"You're annoying." Luke rolled his eyes when he heard Ashton's amusement in his words.

"Like you're not. I can't believe you literally told Michael to call you daddy as the very first thing you said to him." Ashton cackled.

"Did I lie?"

"Ew." Ashton cringed, "I do not want to hear about what you're into, dude."

"I'm sorry you're such a prude."

"I'm not. You're just too open with me sometimes."

"Okay, okay." Luke rolled his eyes, turning the exercise machine off and carefully hopping down from it. He took his phone with him, grabbing a small towel he had laid out in his mini gym he had in his large home. Wrapping it around his shoulder, he ventured outside the gym and into the core of his house.

"How's your time with Calum?"

"I already told you." Luke whined, "He's so fucking boring."

"I really doubt that. You're just high maintenance."

"What does that mean?" Luke basically screeched out, not liking the sound of that while he stepped into the kitchen to take a protein drink out of the refrigerator.

Ashton gave him a ridiculed and knowing look, making Luke raise his eyebrow in return. He was expecting an answer.

"I mean that your personality and energy are always at 110% percent. If people are below anything under 80% then you become restless. Why don't you try calming down and talking to him in a professional manner?"

"'Professional.'" Luke scoffed, "How boring. Actually...now I see why you like him! You're both underwhelmingly basic."

"You're such an ass." Ashton scoffed.

"Thank you." Luke winked sarcastically.

"You doing anything tomorrow?"

"No. You?"

"Nope." Ashton smirked when he saw Luke give him a knowing grin, "Let's hang out."

"What do you wanna' do?" Luke asked, always on board to hang out with his best friend. And maybe also because he knew that Michael would be there.

"That huge movie premiere is happening tomorrow night. I could have Joey pull some strings and get us on the red carpet and then into the showing."

"Sounds like a plan." Luke hummed, "I haven't done a classic red carpet in a while."

"Oh great." Ashton groaned.

"What?" Luke scowled, moving out of the kitchen with his phone and protein drink still in his hands while he went upstairs towards his room.

"That means you're going to dress up fucking insane then."

"Maybe." Luke smirked deviously, going into one of his large closets to start hunting down an outfit, "Plus I want to impress Michael."

"Good luck with that. He's uninterested in you. Sorry."

"And I'm the ass."

"I'm being serious, Luke. You usually get who you want, but Michael is different. He cares about his job and he takes it seriously. I don't want to see you get hurt." Ashton said seriously for once. There wasn't an ounce of joking or sarcasm.

He cared about Luke and he didn't want to see his best friend go down a path he wasn't prepared for.

"It's not a big deal, Ash. I want him for a night. Nothing else, nothing more." Luke rolled his eyes.

Ashton could tell that Luke meant that; Luke only wanted a taste of Michael because the bodyguard was attractive and it peeked his interest. Luke had no interest in a relationship or for feelings.

But there was something within Ashton's heart that told him that even if it was the truth for now, things were going to change.

—•••—

What do you think of Luke saying he only wants Michael for a night? 👀

—☆⁎⁺˳✧༚