12 What Do You Mean?

Darshan / Sara / Sara's mom

* Calling Stranger-Not so-Danger...*

Pick up! Pick up! Pick -

"Hello? Who is this?"

"Hey! Sara? Darshan here!"

"Ohh hey!"

"Are you alright? I have been calling you for days!!! I was so worried."

"I'm alright! My phone got damaged that night, I had given it for repair. I lost all the contacts as well."

"Ohh! How did it break?"

"Can we stop pretending to be best friends? I really need to be somewhere. Now if you'll excuse me?"

"Sara --"

*BEEP*

"--I'm really sorry!!?"

Stop hanging up on me for heaven's sake.
Only if she knew how much I missed talking to her last few days. *sighs*

***

Darshan sits lazily, fidgeting with every object he would lay his eyes on. His day feels so incomplete without her, she has unknowingly become his habit. The only good thing in his boring life. Rubbing his face with his palm, he groans loudly. Damn, when did he get so attached??

*Stranger-Not so-Danger calling...*

He leaped to his phone, hoping she did talk to him.

"Hello?"

"Uhm... Who is this?"
*confused*

"I'm Sara's mother! I presume you are the guy she's been talking to?"

"I...guess."

"I didn't want to eavesdrop but I heard your conversation earlier. I'm sorry for my daughter's behavior. She is very sensitive sometimes. The night she called you, she was walking alone on the street, and sensed someone following. Usually, she calls me in such situations. But she called you as an instinct. Being unaware of the situation, you were rude to her. Which I think hurt her."

"I... I-I am sorry, ma'am. I know it was stupid of me to raise my voice at her, without thinking. I spent my whole night trying to call her, thinking of horrible scenarios. Trying to know she is safe."

"I know! I heard your voice mails." *giggles*

*embarrassed*
"Can you tell her I really am sorry?"

"Why don't you tell her yourself?"

"Because she won't pick my call."

"Well then come and meet her."

"I... I don't think...that's a great idea."

"You guys haven't met have you??"

"No, ma'am"

"Well, I'm sure you know what she loves the most in the world. You are a smart guy, you'll figure it out."

"Oh my god. Yes. Food."

*laughs*

"Can you... Can you please send me her address, ma'am?"

"I'm trusting you with my daughter, kid. Take care of her."

"Of course... ma'am!"
*coughs*

"By the way start calling me mom!"

"What--"

*giggles*

*BEEP*

"--do you mean?"
*blush*
Like mother like daughter.
*chuckles*

____________________________________________

DO LIKE, COMMENT, AND SHARE
I LOVE YA