five - mysterious flowers.,

༻༺━━━━⁎∗.*.∗⁎━━━━༻༺

༻༺━━━━⁎∗.*.∗⁎━━━━༻༺

retrouvailles (french.,): the happiness that fills your heart when you meet someone after a very long time.

Y/N was now priming herself up for her picnic with Hermione.

They didn't have classes yet so they decided to spend time with each other. Y/N was bringing the snacks, while Hermione was bringing the drinks and blanket. Y/N was zipping up her dress that her dad Aspen had bought for her; it had a mauve color, that went with the lilac ribbon on her hair, the dress also had a kind of corset that perfectly wraps her waist, had patterns of moons on it that were this pearlescent white color, lace that surrounds the top, and to top her clothing, she of course was wearing her cream flats. The girl looked at her reflection on the wall mirror of their dormitory and she looked exquisite as always.

Feeling accomplished with herself, she grabbed the wooden basket full of treats and intwined it on her left arm, while she waited patiently for Hermione to come out of the bathroom; to which she was changing. And surely, moments later her best friend stepped out of the doorway and looked gorgeous. She was also wearing a dress but was a different style; it was a luminous color of the clouds that had puffed sleeves, her hair in plaits, and was wearing charcoal rubber shoes.

Y/N gaped at the sight of her best friend, even though it was just a small picnic, they decided to make it more special.

She smiled warmly at Hermione then said,

"You look beautiful, 'Mione." she bowed, earning a chuckle from her best friend.

"Thank you, love." Hermione curtsied, mimicking Y/N's actions. "You also do look splendid."

The pair burst into laughter, that echoed through the dormitory walls like entwined melodies.

"Ready to go?" Y/N asked, reaching out her hand.

"Of course!" Hermione beamed brightly, then she held her best friend's hand the basket of drink and blanket in the other.

The two went down the staircase of their dormitory, then headed out of the Gryffindor common room. The halls weren't crowded as much, as for it was still early in the morning. Hermione and Y/N strolled the empty halls, hands tied, chatting occasionally here and there. And as they reached the grand doorways of the Entrance Hall, they smiled brightly at each other, not communicating by words, and saying that they were ready and excited.

The pair inhaled the familiar scent of the Hogwarts grounds that scented as the evergreen grass that willows the trees, petrichor from the storm that happened the other day. The smell of the luring flowers of cerulean, roseate, lilac.