002 ;; an enticing offer.

A series of losses and harsh slaps later, you bewilderingly gazed at the well-dressed man before her. She was now 200,000 won richer and you couldn't help the way that your lips tugged upwards in a triumph grin.

"I did it, finally!" you cheered enthusiastically. The adrenaline had caused you to ignore the stinging sensation on your cheek. A new, evident hand print replaced the fading one, being way more prominent than the old one due to the numerous times you were struck by his hand.

The 'salesman' clasped his hands in front of him, smiling lightly at you as you proudly commended herself for your achievement. "I suppose we could call it a game." He took another thing from his pocket and extended his arm out, beckoning for you to take it.

Your smile quickly dropped as you took a step back, your eyes narrowing in suspicion. "Woah, wait. What is this? You just said we were done."

He said nothing and gestured for you to take the card again, but when he realized that you weren't making a move to retrieve the item from his grasp, he began speaking. "If you wish to make more money, then I suggest taking this into consideration. Join these games, we haven't got much openings remaining and you can garner a fortune by participating."

Hesitantly, you took the card out of his hand, continuing to warily glance at him. "This is.. legitimate?" you softly questioned as you skeptically analyzed the object in your hand. He responded by giving you a firm nod before he began to pack his belongings into the briefcase. You were still dwelling over the legitimacy of the man before you, pondering if he was just some sort of scammer.

Yeah, he definitely is.

Etched on the back of the card is three geometrical shapes; a triangle, a square, and a circle. While the front has numbers engraved into it. A cell phone number, presumably. You bit down on your bottom lip as she stared at the card, not realizing that the man was already beginning to walk away.

"Think it over," he called over his shoulder and you lifted your head up to watch his retreating figure as he entered the subway. "You wouldn't want to be awake most nights wondering what could've been, do you?"

Once he was out of sight, you brought your attention back to the money in one hand and the card in the other. With furrowed brows, you appeared to be lost in thought as you contemplated over the enticing offer.

———————————

"No, I'm totally serious, [F/N]," you laughed as you exits the shop the next day. Three bags were occupying your hands and your cellular device was placed between your shoulder and ear as you talked to your friend on the other line. "This random guy came up to me yesterday and said if I play some games, I can make money or whatever."

"Isn't that some sort of scheme?" [F/N] questioned curiously. "I mean, are you sure you won't end up dying?"

You hummed. "Uh, I suppose that's a possibility, yes.. but, I'll most likely die either way. Didn't I tell you one of the sharks tracked me down the other day at work?"

You heard your friend let out a startled gasp. "[Name]! Why didn't you call me right away?! Were you hurt?!"

"I'm fine, but he gave me a limit of two weeks to get the money.. who knows how long it'll be before another one catches up to me," you shuddered at the thought, making your way towards the bank to deposit the rest of the money that was left after buying your niece some new clothes. "As much as I'm wary about it, I think this could be a golden opportunity for me if it's real!"

[F/N] groaned. "I might as well be fifty at this point. I'm going to get grey hairs from worrying about you all the time."

You playfully rolled your eyes. "Well, you don't need to constantly worry about me. I told you, I'm—?"