004 ;; red light, green light.

"The game is about to begin. All players follow the staff's instructions and proceed to the game hall."

Everyone obliged to the lady and complied with the staff members, following each other in various lines as they walked up numerous stairs and to a giant check-in process area. Everyone in their set lines awaited their turns to get their pictures taken.

You stood behind 067, the girl who was getting thrown around by the thug earlier. You watched earnestly as the girl took her picture with a stoic expression before simply walking away, not bothering to send a glance back. You didn't give it a second thought and stepped into the camera's view sight.

"Please look into the camera," the feminine voice ordered and your eyes quickly darted towards the lense. "Smile!"

Your head slightly tilted to the side and your lips curled upwards as friendly grin began to adorn your features. Your gentle eyes crinkled at the edges and the apples of your cheeks popped; a beaming ray of sunshine painted all over your face.

A white flash then appeared, indicating your picture had been taken, so you continued walking forward to allow the person behind you to get their routine done. You followed in suit of everyone else who finished their pictures and trotted up more stairs in the pastel-colored room.

The three pairs of green-colored steel gates swing open and three, separate groups flood into a large, outside area boxed in by walls. You followed your group, who were heading through the the middle doors, and curiously looked around the large space. The walls boxing them in are painted over to possibly give the illusion they aren't trapped. You glanced back and also noticed the three sets of doors are surrounded by makeshift, small houses.

"Sang-woo!"

You were snapped out of your trance as you were gently shoved to the side by Gi-hun as he rushed over to greet the man whose name he had just shouted. You blinked and stepped back, watching as Gi-hun greeted Sang-woo, who seemed quite uncomfortable with the encounter.

Nevertheless, you diverted your eyes away from the two as you didn't find their conversation all that interesting. You walked past them and quickly took note of the large white line painted horizontally across the field, making you knit your eyebrows together questioningly.

"Welcome to the first game. All players, please wait a moment on the field."

Everyone did as told and spread out, looking at one another with curious countenances as they awaited further instructions. After a moment, the green doors behind them slammed shut and the players quickly whipped around with baffled looks.

"Look over there, what is that?"

You followed the two boys's gazes and found yourself now staring at an overly large doll standing in front of a tree with two masked workers on either side of it. You slightly squinted your eyes to get a better look and saw that the doll delineated a young girl.

"It looks really freaky," one of the men stated.

"Damn, that thing has a freaking huge head," the two then snickered.

"The first game is Red Light, Green Light."

The doll slowly spun around to face the tree, its arms lifting up to cover its face.