008 ;; back in the lions den.

Waking up on the not-so familiar bed in the not-so familiar room with not-so familiar people is exactly what you expected the second you willingly succumbed to unconsciousness in the van. Fortunately for you, that's precisely what you received. You groaned irritably as you slowly positioned yourself upwards, rubbing your tired eyes and yawning. Your limbs were stiff and sore from the uncomfortable mattress that you rested on.

The regretful memories flooded into your mind like a tsunami coming ashore. Your head pounded and you blinked profusely to keep the tears from escaping. You forced the intrusive thoughts into the back of your mind and, glossy-eyed, you scanned the room in front of you from her bed's position. Many of the people you recognized, like Pickpocket, Gi-hun, and Sang-woo, but there were a lot more that she was unfamiliar with.

You let out a small sigh.

Round two.

Even though you were still exhausted, you decided it would be best to get up and maneuver around the area in hopes of finding someone to ally with in this treacherous game of life or death. You knew the ropes, somewhat, and having someone that you could rely on was something that you desperately needed. Being the loner in a cage full of money-hungry lions will only push you further down on the food chain, and the weak-link is usually the one to get eaten first.

You didn't want that.

As you listlessly wandered around the area, familiarizing yourself with it, you took a look at your fellow competitors, observing them in a skeptical manner. The ones who voted to stay previously have returned, of course, but she you didn't expect that most of ones who voted to leave have returned as well. Everyone seemed to be mingling amongst themselves and forming little groups, a lot of people also watch from the sidelines as well.

When you glanced at the board, you squinted. Out of 201 players, 187 of them returned— meaning only 14 had chosen not to come back. That's not even a small fraction. The cash prize is beneath the number of participants, 26,900,000,000 won.

So, why had you chosen to come back?

That was an obvious question— the money.

With the harsh reality crashing down on you, you understood just how desperately you needed the cash. You realized just how stupid you were for putting your own family in danger like that. You realized just how stupid you were for killing your friend.

You killed your friend.

I killed my friend.

You swallowed thickly, feeling goosebumps rise all over your skin at the mere memory of your friend lying there. You could practically feel the warm liquid on your hands and when you looked at them, you -for a second- saw your hands stained in red. Your eyes grew wide, chest tightening and your breath gradually transitioned from even to hyperventilation.

I can't. I have to go back.

Panic seared through every vein in your body and you could feel your heartbeat pick up its pace. You were on the very edge of a panic attack and the thought alone only provoked you further into getting baptized within its ocean.

A hand placed itself upon your shoulder and you whipped around instantly, your widened eyes landing upon the sight of a man with a worried expression. Even through your blurred vision, you could recognize him; The man who single-handedly saved Gi-hun from elimination during Red Light, Green Light.

"Miss, are you alright?" you heard him say, his worry laced within his tone.

You only stared at him. Your mouth was open, but you couldn't enunciate any words—your mind was blank. He gently shook you, snapping you out of your trance.