016 ;; don't look down.

If you're a first time reader, feel free to skip this note!

All of the chapters leading up chapter 010, "savior in red" are now edited and in second person point of view! Plus there were slight changes made throughout the book, so you can totally go back & reread it if you'd like; only one of the edits I've made are drastic, though, but it still doesn't impact the story at all.

To the readers who've stuck around while I was on my hiatus, thank you so so much!! I appreciate you all<3

———————————

You were quietly ushered back into the bed chambers by the guard who'd shot Ji-yeong. A plethora of thoughts had flooded your mind, yet it somehow managed to feel so empty at the same time.

You could feel a headache gradually begin to form, earning an internal onslaught of mental curses. As the familiarity of the room washed over you, you never bothered to lift your gaze off of the ground as you plodded into the room. You could practically sense the eyes of the other winners piercing through your skull.

You shifted uncomfortably underneath their stares before sighing and lifting your head to scan the room, familiarizing yourself with the variety of people who'd won the recent game rather than their partners. There, you spotted a few members of your team, such as Gi-hun, Sae-byeok, Sang-woo...

Where's Ali?

It took a few seconds to register within your mind, but once you'd finally reached the conclusion you'd desperately hoped wouldn't be true, you quivered where you stood and tightly clenched your fists. You had always known that he could die at any given point in time during this game, but you'd be lying if you said you weren't expecting it to come this soon.

You fought back the tears that threatened to well up in your eyes. You'd already cried enough during your game with Ji-yeong and you'd be damned if you allowed the rest of the players to see you at your most vulnerable. So, you kept a stoic expression as you made your way to your bed.

Everyone was eating their boiled potatoes, but you couldn't help but reminisce on the last game. You knew it would be idiotic of you to refuse food given you had no idea of what the next game would be, so you needed to keep your stamina up as high as you could and you forced yourself to stomach it, despite having no appetite.

"Don't feel sad over this," you heard Sang-woo's voice next to you and you solemnly looked over at him to find he was staring out into space while eating his food. "You hardly even knew them. There's no reason for you to be disheartened over their deaths—we're all trying to survive."

You merely offered him a glance, your lips still pulled into a tight frown. "I only had one friend in my entire life," you solemnly stated, turning your attention back to your bed. "I didn't know them for very long, you're right, but it was almost as if I lost her all over again."

Sang-woo stayed silent for a moment before turning his head to stare at a man who held a grim expression as he started down at his feet while contemplating, he hadn't even touched his food. "His partner was his wife."

You peered over at the aforementioned male, feeling a twinge of pity at having to lose a loved one in such a gruesome manner. As much as you felt for him, you couldn't shake the feeling of sadness that enveloped your body like a cold blanket. You may not have known Ali and Ji-yeong for a long time, as you priorly informed Sang-woo, but it did feel like a stab in the heart now that they're gone.

The shaken man slowly stood to his feet, beginning to make his way to the center of the room and inevitably grabbed all of your attention once he began to voice his thoughts. "Let's end this. I can't do this anymore," he pleaded with wobbly voice as he began to sob, desperate looking around the room. "We can stop if the majority agrees. If just ten of us concurs, we can get out of here."