Midnight Chase Chapter 1

(A/N: This is my first book so I had some help from Jordi_23. So sorry if this chapter is a little confusing, the rest aren't confusing.)

*2 years ago*

"We have to find her!" Paul said while throwing his fists into the wall.

Damon- "We will, even if we have to take down every d@mn house. We will find your mate Paul."

Paul- "I can't believe she is gone, Chloe is gone." He said while starting to cry.

Damon- "Have hope Paul, we will find her just tell me what happened exactly."

Paul- "Well it all started out......"

*Flash Back*

Paul-"I am going out to check for rogues around pack boundaries. Be safe. Love you." He said then kissed Chloe.

Chloe-"Always am, but you be safe also. Come home before lunch please, we have to talk to the girls about becoming of age."

Paul- "Oh the joy." He chuckled as he left the house.

Chloe went outside, around the house to get her necessities for lunch, she was going to cook a stew. Chloe had this feeling that she was being watched so she quickly picked the rest of her ingredients and started hurrying to get back to the house. Unfortunately she didn't quite make it before her head was in a sack and she was being driven away in the trunk of a car.

Paul comes furiously running back from being mind linked by Chloe telling him that she was kidnapped. Paul thought about all the different ways he was going to make that wolf pay for taking his mate. He kept trying to reach out to her through their minds but she was non-responsive which means either she was unconscious or dead. He hoped it was his first thought.

Paul shifted and made his way to the mansion to get Damon to help him look for Chloe. He wasn't going to stop until he had Chloe by his side again.He runs around to the back of the mansion, shifts and puts on the pair of clothes by a tree. (They are always prepared just in-case something like that happens.) Paul slams the back door open and yells Damon's name. Damon is soon right by Paul and Paul says, "I need your help, Chloe is gone."

*End of Flashback*

Damon- "Okay well starters it had to of have been someone in this pack because no rogues cross my territory and survive. All we need to do is...." He was cut off by Paul's screeching scream. Damon looks confused as he sees Paul fall to the floor and starts crying again.

Paul- "Damon, something is wrong . I can't feel Chloe in my mind anymore, it's like she isn't here with me."

Damon- "Wait what are you trying to say Paul?"

Paul- "Chloe is dead, Damon."

====================================================

*While Paul is at Damon's mansion*

Beck drives up to this old wooden building. He takes Chloe out of the trunk and carries her to the living room. He ties her up to this chair and takes off the sack. He wakes her up from her being unconscious and Chloe looks at him with an 'who the fuck are you and what the fuck you want' face. Beck then responds to that look by saying, "I know what you are going to say so I am just going to say it myself. Who are you, what do you want, what are you going to do to me, are you going to kill me? These are all very explicit questions that are going to be answered in a few minutes." Beck said.

Chloe finally was able to become fully conscious and replied, "My mate will find you and he will kill you and he won't stop at anything. Besides, I don't know what you want with me because I can't give you anything since I am already mated."

"Oh okay then, well now that we got that cleared up, seems I have made a mistake on who to pick for my potential mate and it won't happen again." Beck told Chloe as he made his way behind her tied up to a chair. When he was finished talking, he snapped her neck almost instantly. Chloe was soon taken out of the building and was properly disposed of by being buried in a cave far away.

As Beck was walking back to his house, he saw someone in the woods. He stopped walking and focused his eyes on her. She was breathtaking, he couldn't take his eyes off her. When she looked around the woods from hearing something, Beck saw her name on her necklace, Dakota.

"I will come for you Dakota, and you will be mine." Beck thought as he smiled to himself while walking away.