Midnight Chase Chapter 2

*Present Time in Dakotas POV*

Waking up from this awful dream of a horrendous man kidnapping me,I look at the time and find out that it's time to hunt. I take a shower and get dressed in some sweats and a tank and made my way to Cheyenne and Gabby's room. I walk in to them sound asleep. "They look peaceful, sure wouldn't want anything bad to happen to them." I smirked when that thought came through. I quickly started to make my eyes glow a bright blue in the darkness. I started to make this really aggressive growl that made them wake up in the matter of seconds. I watched their faces as they changed from tired to fear real quick.

Cheyenne- "I secretly know karate so unless you don't want to get your ass beat, then I suggest you leave."

Gabby- "No you don't Chey."(pronounced Shy)

Cheyenne whispers- "Well he doesn't need to know that."

I couldn't take it anymore. My eyes started to change back into their icy blue and I start laughing.

"Haha, yall should have seen y'all's faces. Ya'll were scared shitless." I said with tears coming down my eyes form laughing to hard.

Gabby- "Ohh, it's just Dakota. No actual potential threat here."

"Alright in all seriousness, it's time to hunt." I said as Cheyenne and Gabby turned to look at each other with smirks on their faces.

Cheyenne- "What the fuck are we waiting for then? Race ya." Cheyenne said as is she sprung up from her bed and ran out the room. Soon Gabby and I follow Cheyenne out the door and head out of the mansion until I ran into a slight problem, my mother.

Oliana- "Where are yall going Dakota?"

"We are going to catch up with Cheyenne and go hunting."

Oliana-"Well don't be late, we are going to visit the village."

"Alright well I can't promise you that we will be back exactly when you want us to be but we will try."

With that said, Gabby and I passed my mom and headed out the house. We quickly go in different directions and take off our clothes. We both shifted and followed our noses towards Cheyenne. We soon meet up and Cheyenne had a look on her face like, "What took yall so long?" I just shook my head and we started separating to go searching for something to eat.

I soon came across a deer eating some corn. I quickly slouched down and started studying the deer. After about 5 minutes, I've decided to make my move. When I start walking up towards the deer, I could tell that Cheyenne and Gabby were doing the same thing. I started to quickly rethink my plan so I could take the kill before they could. I run around to the other side of the woods unnoticed while Cheyenne and Gabby rushed towards the deer. The deer ran away quickly from them and ran into the spot that I was waiting for it. I soon pounce on the deer while gripping it's neck in my jaws. The deer died within seconds. As I started eating the deer, Cheyenne and Gabby came up and joined me.

As soon as we were satisfied with my kill, I look to Cheyenne and Gabby and give them a warning howl of, it's time to race home. We all lined up and looked at each other, we soon nodded telling each other that we were ready. We all take off running towards the mansion. I was a little faster getting there so I was the first to shift and get changed followed by Chey and Gabby. I ran into the house not knowing where I was running and I ran into my mother who had an unpleasant face.

Oliana- "Dakota, where have yall been?"

"Hunting, you know how it is when you compete for a kill. Besides I told you that we wouldn't be able to make it exactly on the time you wanted us to." I said as Cheyenne and Gabrielle ran into the mansion. "Which by the way, I won that race." I said as I turned towards them which in return, I got tongues pointed at me from Chey and Gabby. I chuckled and my mom cleared her throat to get my attention again.

Oliana- "Dakota you are fixing to be 18. You have got to start taking responsibility. Go to your room and get ready for the party later on in the village and wear something nice, you might meet your mate and you don't want to humiliate yourself by what you wear."

"First off, fuck you! If my mate doesn't like what I wear then he can suck it because I am not changing who I am to please him. Second, I know I have responsibly and I plan on doing them just MY way and not YOURS. Now, I am going to go to my room and get ready but not because you told me to, but because I don't want to see your face anymore."

As I finished talking, I went around her and went up the stairs to my room with Cheyenne and Gabby following. I turned around before I opened my door to my room and said,

"Wear something off the edge, I have big plans for tonight." I said with a smirk.

Gabby- "Now we are talking, as long as it is going to get us in trouble, I'm in."

Cheyenne- "Count me in too, I could use a little trouble."

As we said our goodbyes, I entered my room and quickly got in the shower.

When I was done, I went to my walk-in closet and looked for something to wear. I finally settled for a black, ruffly, strapless dress that had black feathers at the bottom with a black belt, a white Chanel wristband with some diamond earrings. Cheyenne wore a V back lace Apricot romper with Apricot heels, a gold watch, with her hair down, wearing minimal makeup and holding an Apricot and black clutch. Gabby wore a sexy, yet luxuries, mini dress that has a gold glittery top that is covered by black tulle. The tulle is the straps. Her hair is flat ironed and she is wearing strappy, glitter gold heels . When we were all done getting dressed, Cheyenne and Gabby came into my room to help me with my hair. They were finished with my hair by it being down in a waterfall braid.

As soon as they were finished, my dad hollered from the living room saying it was time to go. As we started leaving my room, somehow my wolf knew that this night would change our lives forever.