Midnight Chase- Chapter 7

Aiden took a step back but only to jerk Scarlet off of him. "I wasn't rejecting you, I was trying to get her off me!" He said loudly so I could hear but I didn't care, I wanted to get as far away from him as possible no matter how bad it hurts.

Gabby-"Aiden! What did you do to her?!"

Aiden- "Well me and ummm...."

Dakota- "Cheyenne."

Aiden-" Yes, me and Cheyenne are mates. She thought I was rejecting her when I took a step back to get rid of Scarlet. I was so memorized by her I couldn't do anything but I knew I had to at least get rid of Scarlet."

That's the last thing I heard before I got to the road that leads to the clearing in a field that I hide out at.

When I get to my clearing, I was so furious but so upset that I couldn't stop moving around. Finally, all my anger took over my sadness. As I was trying to calm down, I suddenly hear one of my bones cracking.

Soon agonizing pain shoot through my body. I fall to the ground screaming and my vision starts getting blurry. The last thing I remember before I blacked out, was Aiden running towards me.

====================================================

*Aiden's POV after Chey ran off*

"GO AWAY SCARLET!!" I yelled as I kept pushing her away from me. "I love Cheyenne and you are just in my way to get to her."

Scarlet- "But... but... what about us? I love you!"

I look her right in her eyes and says, "You mean nothing to me." I turn around from her and start walking towards Dakota, Gabby, and Stark. (I gathered their names from their convos.)

Gabby- "Do you think Chey is okay?"

Stark- "I don't know Mina but if what Aiden says is true, then he wouldn't let anything happen to her."

Dakota- "We have to find her."

Aiden- "I will find her, and I will stop at nothing until I do."

When I started walking towards the place Chey ran off to, I was stopped by an ear piercing scream.

Dakota and Gabby say in unison, "That's Chey!"

I immediately run off to the direction the voice came from. I was out of breath once I hit the trail that Chey took but I don't care about myself, I only had intentions of saving Chey. All I knew was that Chey was alone and hurting and I had to get to her. I soon found were Chey was laying on the ground screaming, I ran towards her and just when I was about to get to her, she shifts.

 Either she is dead or she past out because she wasn't waking up. It has been 10 minutes since she shifted and her eyes haven't opened yet. I hope it's the second thought because I would hate for my mate to die right when I find her.

"Chey! WAKE UP!" I yelled through our mate bond. She is non-responsive  but I can hear her slight breathing. I nudge her a little and she stirs around a bit. A few minutes later, her eyes open. She looks around confused of what happened and I tell her through our bond, "You look beautiful. You're a white wolf with brown eyes, translation: the most beautiful creature I have seen."

"I..I shifted?" She replied and gave me a little wolf grin, I chuckled.

"Yes, Mina you shifted. On your own too."

"Where am I? Where is everyone else?" She started asking questions that I dreaded. I knew I was going to have to talk about Scarlet one time or another.

"You should shift back and we can talk about this on our way back to your sisters." I tried to avoid talking about it because when you upset a wolf, it doesn't turn out to pretty for the other person.

"Ummm okay." She said before she turned around and ran behind a tree.

After all the racket she made while changing back, the noise was over and Chey said, "It's pretty cold over here ya know."

"Oh right, sorry." I said as I took off my hoodie and made my way to were she was sitting by the tree.

I handed her my hoodie not looking at her and she put it on. Good thing it was a big hoodie on her so it covered up to her knees but D@MN she looked fine in my hoodie.

We make our way back to the beach were her sister's waited on us. 

Stark- "See, I told you. Looks like Aiden can slightly be trusted."

Gabby- "Shut up Stark!"

Dakota- "What in f"ck's name happened?"

I look at Chey to see what she is going to say and she replies by saying, "Ummmmm.....I actually don't know, all I remember is running to my clearing, and then anger took over my body, and I may have shifted."

Dakota and Gabby look at me and they say in unison, "You didn't tell her?"

I was lost at words but this came out, "She blacked out and doesn't remember that part but I am going to tell her when it is the right time."

Stark- "And when will the 'right time' be?"

"That, I haven't figured out yet."

Chey- "What are yall talking about?"