Midnight Chase Chapter 5

We arrived in the town village around 45 minutes later because Dakota had to hit all the possible red lights. We soon arrive at the mall and Dakota, Chey, and I's first thought is, Forever 21. We make our way through the big crowd of people. Stark mind linked me telling me to stay close to him and not to go anywheres without telling him first. I swear, he is like my dad.

"Not dad, mate and your protector." He answered to my thought.

Well mate or not, no one gets to boss me around. I thought to myself.

"When it comes to your safety, I get to boss you whenever and wherever I want."

"Don't listen to my inner monologue flea bag."

"You know Mina, we don't have fleas."

"Well too d@mn bad, you have fleas to me and what does 'Mina' mean?"

"All in good time Mina, all in good time."

After weaving in and out of the crowd of people, we finally arrive at Forever 21. Dakota breaks off to the jewelry section, Cheyenne goes off into the perfume section and I head towards the shoe section followed by a protective flea bag, Stark.

After around 5 minutes of looking in our sections, we met together and went to the dress section. We each got 5 dresses to try on. We do this every time we go to Forever 21, we have a little "fashion show."

We were down to our last dress when Stark went to talk to one of his friends he seen outside the store. Like the person he is, he commanded us to "stay put." Little did Stark know, when you tell the Dangerous Divas (Koty made that up when we were kids and she has been stuck on that group name forever) something, they tend to disobey.

We were hungry after we took off the last dress so we decided to just go to the food court and get something to eat. We didn't want to disturb my flea bag so we left without telling him, Oops.

When we got to the packed food court, we all got Chinese food. Dakota and Chey went to order our food while I found the table for us to sit at. I was finally able to find a table in the middle of the food court. While I was waiting for Koty and Chey to get back, a certain someone made their way to me.

"Gabby? Gabrielle is that you?"

I turn around to see who it was and once I did, I regretted volunteering to find a table, it was my ex boyfriend, Blane.

"Um, yea it is. Hey Blane." I said sheepishly while I looked like to see if Stark was around.

Blane- "Wow, it really is you. How is everything?" He said as he took a seat right next to me.

"Um everything is fine."I said as I scooted a little away. I didn't feel comfortable with him so close to me.

Blane- "I miss us. I miss being able to hold you. I miss you, Gabby." He said getting closer and closer to me. He started rubbing my arm, which felt horrible. I felt disgusted since it wasn't Stark touching me. His touch sent shocks down my body. It was really painful for another male to touch me since I have found my mate. I knew it hurt him to because he kept flinching but he tried not to show it. He knew it was wrong but he wished it wasn't wrong. Blane was inches away from my lips, I couldn't move anymore or I was going to fall off my chair and look like a fool but now to think of it, I don't really think that the people matter to me as long as Blane doesn't kiss me.

Blane went in for the kiss. I pushed him away, then slapped him on his face, it left a handprint. That kiss was so painful I can't even put it in words. As I was trying to make my lips not hurt anymore, Blane said, "You are mated?" but before I could say anything, Dakota and Chey finally came with the food and they said in unison, "Yea she is!"

"You better move your little wolf @ss away from her as far as possible before her mate comes and rips your head off for touching her, much less kissing her!" Dakota said.

"Beat it douche man before we do worse things than her mate when he gets here." Cheyenne said.

"Too late." Stark said then he started growling. "You better give me a d@mn good reason as to why not I should remove your limbs from your puny little body."

Blane- "I'm..I'm sorry. I didn't know she was mated."

Stark- "What gives you the right to touch another female other than your mate even if she wasn't mated? I am going to count to three and if you aren't away from my mate by then, so help you. 1.....2......." Stark didn't even have to start counting, Blane was gone before we could even blink.

"What in the living h3ll are yall three doing here without me, without telling me at that." Stark said as he turned to look at all of us.

Chey- "Well you just looked so peaceful catching up with your friend we didn't want to disturb you."

"I have a question Stark, why did you spare him? He was touching and don't forget kissing your mate? Any mate I know wouldn't even of thought about it twice before ripping his throat out and rolling around in his fresh blood dripping from his body." Dakota said.

"Gabby and that d'ck of a guy had chemistry, I thought about Gabby and how she would be if I killed her last boyfriend." He said as he looked at Gabby who was still pretty shocked at what just happened.

Chey- "1st boyfriend at that."

"Thank you for that clarification Chey cause we all needed that. Anyways thank you for not harming him." I said getting up out of my chair to walk towards Stark.

"Anything for you Mina. Now if I have to say this once or a million times I will, don't EVER leave without me knowing where you are going. Copy?" Stark said as he hugged her.

"10-4" Dakota and Chey said in unison. I chuckled and said, "Let's just hurry up and leave so I can get out of this retching place and forget that THAT just happened."

"Agreed!" Dakota, Chey, and Stark all said in unison. We all laughed. We finished our meal with jokes and lots of laughter.