Midnight Chase Chapter 3

As we were walking down stairs, I caught a scent of someone that I knew before but hasn't been around here for a while. I start focusing on the smell and once I figured out who it was, I ran down the stairs and gave him a big hug. It was Stark. Stark and his family moved when his sister died 2 years ago. Stark and I are best friends and will always be no matter where he is.

Stark- "Nice to see you too princess."

"What are you doing here twinkle toes?" I asked while I let go from hugging him. (I call him twinkle toes because when I was little, I would practice my ballet routine and he would practice with me.)

Stark-" Well I heard that a certain princess was turning 18, and you know I wouldn't miss this for the world."

"Well you are just in time, its about to go down." I said with a smirk.

Stark-"About time you said that. Im ready for a bar hop." he winked at me.

I slapped his arm and whispered, "Shh, keep that on the down low."

Stark lifted his fingers in an "okay" and said, "gotcha."

Damon- "Okay well now lets hit the road so we won't be late for your party."

Stark- "Shotgun!"

Cheyenne quickly said, "What?! No, that is my spot and since you disappeared, you don't get to come here and claim whatever you want. Now I am getting my front seat and I will knock down anyone who tries to stop me so I suggest you get your @ss outta my way."

Gabby-"She is telling the truth dude, I suggest you listen and back down." She said while patting his back when she passed by him.

"Alright kitties put the claws up and get in my d@mn car."

"Wait, since when do YOU have a car?" Stark said shocked.

"You missed A LOT!"

Stark- "Well, looks like I have to stick around for a while then." he said as he smiled at Gabby who in-return smiled and blushed.

Cheyenne-"Okay lets just go I am ready to Par-Tay!"

We all walk outside, mom and dad ride with a few other pack members in the Jeep and Cheyenne, Gabby, Stark and I ride in my black Chevy Camaro with red seats. We head to the village around 20 minutes later.

The party was being held at my dad's old house. It was the house he lived in before he became Alpha and lived in the mansion. My mom and dad cleaned it up a few days ago just for my party.

When we get there, it is a lot of my mom and dad's old friends so it wasn't really the best but I put on a good face for them. After we ate supper, and visited, it was time for cake. Everyone made a circle around me and sang the traditional birthday song and once they were finished Chey, Gabby, and I all blew out candles. It was sort of our thing to blow candles together every year.

After the candles were out and the cake was cut, my dad and mom gave me a black little box with a white bow around it. I opened it to find this small oval necklace with a silver design on the outside shaped like vines all connected with a moon stone in the middle, it was beautiful. I hugged my mom and dad and thanked them. My dad took the necklace out of the box and put it around my neck while saying, "A beautiful necklace for a beautiful lady."

"Awwe thanks dad, I love you." I said while I kissed him on the cheek. I told them that I had to be excused to go to the "bathroom" when really I was going to sneak out. I went to the bathroom first followed by Chey and Gabby. Stark got out a little bit earlier than us so he was waiting by my car. We hurried up, jumped in the car and hit the high road to the bar.

We arrived at Silver Rave shortly after. Silver Rave is the most popular bar in town, surely we were going to have fun, it was packed though! Once we finally found a parking spot, we entered the crowded bar and Stark said, "Ladies, all I have to say is one thing, last one to get drunk is a rogue!" He bolted to the bar while we all laughed and headed to the bar also. We all had 7 rounds of their strongest shots. We were waisted.

Chey, Gabby and I hopped onto the bar countertop and danced to the song, She Knows by Ne-Yo ft. Juicy J, that was OUR song. We were getting down to the song while everyone came around to watch us.

Gabby slipped when someone tried to touch her @ss and she fell into some stranger's arms. As we gasped and stopped dancing to see if Gabby was okay, Stark came pushing through everyone with a pissed off look on his face, what's up his @ss? He stares at the male and starts to growl, "My mate, Mine," was the only things he could say.

As soon as the other male figured out what was going on, he gently set Gabby down and Stark punched the dude in the face, I am pretty sure he broke his jaw.

"Ouch that's gonna leave a mark. Nice punch by the way but um, what was that for?"

Stark- "Let's just go, party is over."

"Yes sir, captain grumpy pants." I said as he took me and Chey's hand to help us down from the countertop. Stark stood behind us as we walked out the bar. Stark drove since we were too drunk to even walk or talk.

When we arrived at the mansion it was around 2:45, everyone was asleep. I texted mom and told her that we met up with some old friends and to not wait up. Once Stark helped me and Chey get to our rooms, he and Gabby stayed and talked.

Gabby- "So um, back at the bar...."

Stark didn't let her finish before he kissed her and said, "Yes, we are mates. I had an idea earlier but now I know for sure."

Gabby blushed and told him goodnight and entered her and Chey's room.

She went into the bathroom to take a shower but when she was about to get in, she glanced in the mirror and saw something on her back. She screamed once she realized what it was, her marks.