Chapter 1

It was a sunny friday morning in stoneybridge and maddy was walking - more like running - to school through the woods withrhydian it was a full moon so they were trying to burn off some energy. suddenly they heard a twig snap they stopped andrhydian stood protectively in front of maddy. They looked to see it was only Jana they both breathed a sigh of relief but maddyfelt her heart drop at the smile rhydian gave jana.

"jana you made us both jump" said rhydian with a smile.

"sorry didn't mean to scare you. Are you coming to school?"

"yeah in a bit" answered rhydian secretly wanting to spend more time alone with maddy.

"ok ill see you there" and with that she left but not before she shot daggers at maddy which rhydian of course failed to notice.

As soon as jana left rhydian turned round and he and maddy both noticed how close they were still stood rhydian stepped backand looked down trying to hide the blush creeping up his face maddy instantly felt disappointed at the loss of contact.

"we should err get going or we will be late for school." said maddy trying to hide her own embarrassment.

"yeah, come on madds." maddy smiled at the nickname it sounded so right coming from his lips. and they took off playfullyracing each other all the way to school.

Once they got to school maddy ran straight to Shannon saying they needed to have a talk and leaving tom, rhydian and janastood clueless.

 "what was that all about?" tom asked.

"i was just about to ask you the same thing." rhydian replied.

"come on rhydian or well be late" jana said while linking her arm through his. rhydian couldn't help but smile at the though ofmaddy doing this but maddy felt jealous seeing him smile like that if only she'd know.

rhydian jana and tom left to go inside.

 "so whats this about maddy?" Shannon questioned.

" I think rhydian likes jana, shan."

 "that's ridiculous maddy"

"just trust me watch them over the next few days every time she makes a move he has the biggest smile on his face"

"you saw that to?"

 "yeah"

"listen can me you and tom spend the day together before i get locked up for the night? just like the good old days."

 "sure madds come on before were late and Jeffries flips."

Once in registration maddy noticed jana and rhydian sitting together laughing about something she just walked straight pastedthem to sit behind Shannon and tom. Shannon filled tom in on what maddy had told her.

"sure madds if it helps and it'll be good for the 3 of us to spend sometime together."

"thanks guys."

At this point rhydian and jana had stopped laughing and turned round. Rhydian smiled when he saw maddy but as she got out ofher seat to talk to jimmi about something or other his smile immediately dropped shannon and tom noticed and apparently so didJana because she gave maddy a death stare.

At this point mr Jeffries came to class and everyone returned to their seats after he'd finished the register he made andannouncement.

"right everyone don't forget we have a class reward next week and all your parents have agreed you can go and have alreadypaid for you to go to... Disney world in florida!"

"OMG" the 3 k's screamed in unison. All the class looked excited.

 Rhydian didn't hear anything he'd been lost in his own little world staring at maddy smiling and laughing with tom and shannon.He wished he could make her laugh like that as he was staring at her he thought she'd never looked more beautiful. He wasbought out of his own little world by jana.

"RHYDIAN" she practically screamed.

"sorry what"

 " I said what are you doing tonight? with it being a full moon and everything."

" I'll be in the den with maddy, why?"

 "no reason just wondered if you wanted to come on the moors with me."

"I cant mrs smith will ground maddy if me and her sneak out again." this made jana angry.

 "I didn't mean maddy i mean just us."

"sorry im going in the den end of"

jana just huffed and got up as the bell went she went up to maddy and gave her a hug maddy felt awkward and wondered whyjana was hugging her but her questions were soon answered when jana whispered something in her ear.

"you stay away from rhydian"

"what jana i live in the same house as him i cant just stay away."

"yes you can and if you don't then shannon and tom will be the first who get it"

with that jana linked her arm with rhydian's who was still lost in his own world leaving a stunned and confused maddy alone.