Another Time - The Finale

You wake up the same as you had for the past week... again he is not there and you look for the tell-tale note saying he went to breakfast... But instead, you find one with something new a time some 40 minutes from now.. and one sentence... 

"wear what I laid out."

          You look around some more and see a beautiful sundress that you didn't know he picked up.. a light shade of blue like the sky.. and so you begin to get ready.. taking almost the entire 40 minutes expecting him to walk through the door any minute... But only a knock comes... 

          Opening it up you are greeted by a gentlemen in a well tailored suit handing you an envelope, the only thing he say when he hands it to you is "you are supposed to read it now and come with me" The note written in his handwriting contains the following

           "I am sorry I cannot be with you on the last day, however I have already planned your entire day out for you.. please trust in me and follow along.. I will meet you at the end for dinner..." And so.. with a small bit of disappointment you agree to follow the man who turns out to be your driver and escort for the day... Your first stop is a small breakfast place you had been eyeing the entire trip when you have an amazing meal.. and then it's back into the car.. you make some small talk asking about the plans and the driver just answers that he can't say... And so you go along with the trip. 

          A hair salon where you get a new cut.. A manicure and pedicure.. the colors picked matching your dress.. A wonderful lunch... A spa treatment.. that includes steam baths.. massages.. and a full body treatment.. A trip to a famous beautician to get your makeup done.. You head to a florist who apparently was told to offer you one of 7 different styles of bouquets.. picking the one you liked best... And finally it's time for dinner... 

          You arrive at a secluded area on the beach and see a short distance away a little tent hut lit up with candles and torches...You make your way down and see him standing there is a new suit.. black with light blue highlights matching yours... And once seated servers waiting on the edge bring forth a full meal... Discussions about how your day has gone and what you did, as if he didn't meticulously plan every bit of it, and any prying into his day is met with vague answers about errands and things that needed to get done and turned right back to you...

          Desert is the last thing... A full buffet of small cakes.. each about an inch or so.. And you sit and compare them.. both talking about your favorite ones.. And once they are all eaten.. joking about how bad one of them tasted.. he takes your hands in his.. and before you know it he is kneeling next to you.. saying words you are unable to hear due to shock.. knowing what is happening... Thinking back on the day and realizing the subtle ways he had you plan everything in one day.. the flowers.. the makeup.. the cakes! It all clicks into place as he pulls out a small box.. and you force your ears to listen to the most important question you know is coming.. 

     "... And I can't see myself living without you by my side for as long as you will have me.. you balance me out and complete me in ways no one has before... So it is my great honor to ask if you would continue to share your life with me... To let me finally make you mine in all ways.. to be my beautiful bride.. my amazing wife.. and a wonderful friend.. will you marry me?" And a calmness seems to come over the area as if every grain of sand on that beach is hanging on your reply...