just for a moment .04

"i really don't get how you find jack attractive," ricky argued as he paced back and forth in his bedroom. nini laid in ricky's bed, throwing his lacrosse ball up and down while they talked. ricky chuckled and continued, "he's so annoying... and like... so.. full of himself??"

nini rolled her eyes, "he's just ...confident." ricky scoffed and snatched the ball out of the air before nini could catch it. the girl sat up and looked at ricky with confusion, "what the hell?"

"you could say the same thing about lily," ricky challenged. the boy sat next to nini on his bed and handed the lacrosse ball back to her.

"whatever," nini muttered, focusing her eyes back on the ball.

ricky sighed and held onto nini's hand, "sorry," the boy softly said. nini looked up from their hands and into ricky's eyes. the boy continued, "i get it... you like.. jack. i'll try to stop being a dick about it."

nini softly chuckled and nodded her head, "it's okay...i'll try not to annoy you so much about him."

the boy felt his heart warm up until nini took her hand out of his. the girl laid back down on his bed, with her feet dangling off the bed. ricky laid in his bed as well but propped himself up on one arm to look at nini. she faced her body towards him so they can talk.

"how'd it go with lily?" ricky asked. nini sighed and glanced at ricky's hand that was laying between them. the girl put her fingers on top of his hand, tracing his veins and skin. the boy felt his body stiffen and admired the way nini looked right now. nini's skin felt soft against his and sent tingles up and down his arm.

"mm... i was stuck doing the work while lily critiqued my hair."

"what? what's wrong with your hair?"

"apparently, i have split ends."

"no, you don't. besides, who cares?"

"me, i need to get a haircut."

ricky sighed and glanced back down at their hands. her fingers were still painting pictures on his hand. ricky softly placed her hand in his and held it up to his face. nini looked up and watched as the boy placed a soft kiss on her hand. nini let out a sweet smile as redness rose to her cheeks.

"you're perfect," ricky said in a tender voice. he placed their hands back on the bed while he stroked his thumb over her hand. nini softly giggled and nodded her head.

"mm....you know what i always think about?" nini asked ricky as she stared at their hands.

"hm?"

"...how lucky your future wife is gonna be," the girl said. both of them looked up from their hands and locked eyes. ricky broke out into a smile and shook his head. nini noticed his nervousness and laughed, "whaaat?? was that cringey??"

ricky shook his head and wiped his smile, "no.. no.."

"then what is it?"

"it's just something ej, los, and ash have been bugging me about," ricky nervously said. nini propped herself up on both of her elbows, making her face closer to ricky's.

"what is it..?"

"uhm.. so i guess over the past few-"

ricky got interrupted by his mom entering the house and calling out his name. nini let out a chuckle while ricky got up from his bed.

"yes mom??" ricky called out with annoyance from the top of the stairs. nini let out a laugh and got up from ricky's bed. she pushed the boy out of the way and ran down the stairs to ricky's mom.