kiss & tell .19

nini got taken aback but eventually closed her eyes. she traced her hand along ricky's jawline, kissing him back. the boy was kissing her passionately but not too aggressive and not too hard. they were in perfect sync. 

nini was kissing ricky back, open-mouthed and soft-lipped. ricky's hand made his way down to nini's waist, gripping her side. they stopped for a second and looked at each other. their lips curled into a smirk before ricky closed his eyes and reconnected their lips. 

nini felt herself leaning back into the couch while ricky toppled over her. he used his free arm to prop his body up, making sure not to crush the girl. nini's hands moved from his jawline to the neckline of his shirt, pulling him down — deepening their kiss. 

out of nowhere, her phone was ringing and it startled the two. the boy suddenly fell off the couch as nini pushed him off, "ow."

"sorry, sorry," nini quickly apologized. the girl sat up from the couch and scrambled to grab her phone. ricky stayed on the floor as she held the phone up to her ear. they were both breathing heavily. 

"mom," nini breathed out, running her fingers through her hair. 

"why haven't you been answering our texts?" dana asked with worry. nini's eyes go wide and she checked 7 messages from both of her moms. 

"sorry, i uhh wasn't near my phone," nini lied. she glanced at ricky whose face was red from blushing and nervousness. 

"why are you breathing so hard? what are you guys doing over there?" dana questioned with skepticism in her tone. nini closed her eyes in stress and tried to come up with a quick lie. a light bulb brightened her mind when she saw ricky's lacrosse bag.

"i'm helping ricky practice for lacrosse," nini lied, making the boy look up. "i mean .. trying to help... its me just sorta chasing him while he holds the lacrosse stick and runs around. but yanno, yeah."

she overheard carol and dana laugh over the phone, washing her body over with relief. she gave ricky a thumbs up and the boy nodded his head with understanding. 

"okay well, is mexican food fine for you two?" dana finally asked. nini glanced at ricky and the boy nodded his head with a shy smile. 

"yeah that's fine, just get us the same thing."

"okay great, see you guys soon," dana stated, "and for hurt yourself trying to keep up with ricky."

"i won't, i won't," was all nini said before hanging up the phone. she places the phone on the coffee table. ricky and nini sit in silence before ricky let out a deep sigh.

"so.. mexican food?" ricky questioned again, even though he already knew the answer. nini nodded her head and gave him a forced smile.

"yup."

"great."

"yeah.."

"i'm starving..."

"...yeah, me too," nini awkwardly replied back. they made eye contact again before ricky broke away from her trance. the boy stood up from the floor and made his way onto the couch with nini. the tv played in the background as they both tried to find the right words to say.

"ricky, i'm confuse—"

"neens, before you say anything—"   

they both stopped once they realized they were talking over each other.   nini let out an awkward chuckle and ricky scratched the back of his head. "you go first," ricky said.

"ok.. i thought you didn't like me...?"

ricky sighed and shook his head, "i lied... obviously," the boy gave in, shrugging his shoulders.