Chapter 2: Unbelievable

This was it, my life was going to be over. I thought I was going to die when I'm eighty-five with two kids, grand-kids, and a husband. Not when I'm only in my early twenties. Oh no, I refuse to die this early.

I took a step back and tried to smile politely at the two men studying me closely. "Uh, you know... I need to... leave now." I took off running by the end of that sentence.

I didn't know if they were FBI or investigators, and I was pretty sure they weren't otherwise they would have shown me their badges. So because of this, I took off. Better safe than sorry.

I also cursed to myself because I left my phone.

I ran as fast as I could down the wide marble floor with my breaths in unsteady pants. I would have ran toward the main door but that would have meant running past the two men to get to it, and no way was I doing that. Instead, I took off to the side EXIT door and let me tell you, I felt like a track star.

I glanced back when I found I was near the EXIT door only to see the men were still standing at the desk looking at me with their eye brows pulled together as if I've just lost my marbles and started running for the fun of it. My mind was confused but my legs kept going. I was going to live to see my grand-babies! I came to a stop at the EXIT door and looked back at them and, as I said before, they were still standing there looking at me.

Weren't they supposed to chase me or something?

Since they were so far behind I gave myself time to rest. I leaned over and put my hands on my knees. Damn, when have I ever ran so fast? My breathing was uneven and trapped in my throat. I needed water badly. I closed my eyes to focus on breathing, but then I remembered the two men. I definitely shouldn't let my guard down around them. My eyes snapped open merely to see a pair of feet dressed in black brogues with slacks in front of me.

I was just about to stand and face the person when my air got caught in my throat.

Damn, I really couldn't breath... Courtney, get a grip!

The man in front of me didn't move so I look up and the first thing I saw was emerald eyes. No. They couldn't have caught up to me that quick, they would have had to run, and if they did that I would have heard their feet running against the ground. But I didn't hear anything.

I stood up straight and looked at him and his partner standing in front of me with stone expressions. My expression fixed as if they just told me I was adopted. All thoughts about not being able to breath had vanished. The door was right behind me, all I have to do is get the hell out of here. I take a cautious step back toward the door, their eyes glued on my movements. Gorgeous's eyes instantly snap toward my feet when I take a step back causing me change my mind and stand completely still.

"Uhh," I laugh nervously. "I'm just going to leave... W-we can figure this all out when I get back." I glance back and forth between both men. They glance back at each other.

"Sorry, but there is no time." Black trench coat tells me, his voice deep and stern as emerald eye's watches me closely.

I slowly take my arm back while I nod at them. Telling them silently I understood but I was far from understanding. Quickly turning my back on them I yank the door open and stagger into the open air as the bright sunlight shines through, I didn't give my eyes time to adjust as I step onto the concrete floor, the heat waves immediately making me warm. My breathing was in pants with my heart racing against my chest, now that I'm in the open people will notice me being taken.

My eyes come to focus and I try to began running only to bump into a strong firm chest, I fall backwards and land on my ass. I look up to see emerald eyes appear in front of me, looking down with some but little emotion in his eyes.