Chapter 11: Weight On My Shoulders

My tone came out soft and questioning. She immediately froze, her manicured index finger still pointed at Aron accusingly before slowly she turned around.

"Courtney?" Her mouth opened slightly, her hazel eyes wide as she took one glance over me wondering if it was actually me standing here. I could literally cry at this moment, and that's exactly what happened. A small tear escaped from one of my eyes as I blinked at her although I was quick to wipe it away, was she really here? The one person who's been with me through many heart breaks, tears, fun times, and comfort was standing in front of me on a different world?

Tori suddenly shrieked, reacting faster than I could, and rushed over to me with open arms, slamming her body against mine with such force the air quickly escaped me.

"Oh my God! It's you!" She cried out and all I could do was grin widely as I squeezed her back in the tight hug we shared.

"Yes, of course it's me!" I chuckled, wondering exactly how she got here.

Tori pulled away from me at arms' length, her eyes darting everywhere as she examined me. When she realized that I was completely fine, slowly I could see her eyes begin to gloss over and instantly there was a ping in my heart. She pulled me back into her embrace again, holding me for only a few seconds longer before pulling back again.

"You're alive!" She sniffed and I nodded certainly. I was here wasn't I?

My soft gaze came up to meet Kaden's and I silently told him we needed a moment but we'll finish our conversation later. He nodded understandingly as he led Aron out the room, although Aron was having slight difficulty. I saw how he winced as he walked, my head tilted to the side as I wondered exactly what happened when he had my best friend and why had he brought her here?

I pushed both thoughts from my mind, knowing Kaden could take care of his best friend and it didn't necessarily matter how she got to Gathednam. I was simply delighted to have her in front of me.

Leading Tori to my bed, we both sat on the edge side by side, by now she was crying more heavily and I pulled her into my embrace. I ran my fingers through her hair, taking the elastic band from its tight hold and untangling a few locks at the ends all while holding her to my chest. Tori's crying made me realize how I had forgotten all about what happen on Earth, how I suddenly disappeared with the two men so everyone I loved probably feared for me deeply. They didn't know whether I was dead, alive, or possibly beaten to death. They knew absolutely nothing. My facial expression fell, it was selfish of me to not know or realize how Tori felt or anyone for that matter... I should've done something.

Over the passing several quiet minutes, Tori soon sobered up and pulled herself from my hold. It was silent as she wiped her swollen eyes to get rid of the leaking tears, she then fixed her hair as best she could before a smile slowly slid across her face.

"So..." She quipped and instantly I knew Tori was back along with her bubbly personality. "Who was that man candy I saw with his shirt off, huh?" Tori had a smirk on her face as she nudged me gently while wiggling her brows. I couldn't help but giggle at the random question like a school girl, both our moods instantly brightening.

"He's... Uh, well... I don't know." I answered, and it was honestly the best I could.

"Oh, please! I saw how he looked at you! Even if it was only for a split second." She pushed me playfully and my smile got bigger, my throaty laughter filling the air. I then sat up and glanced over her, and before I knew it everything spilled from my lips.

I had decided to tell her everything that has happened from the moment the call ended at work to being kidnapped. From being brought to the house in the woods, meeting other Gathednains, learning so much information, leaving earth and coming here, and finally meeting new people as I learned of my mother. It was a lot to talk about but Tori didn't interrupt, she only stared at me in amazement before finally revealing how cool it was and how she wished she was there. I only scoffed in response, of course she would think that!